Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2009, 01:01 PM
Beginner

Default First Time Cruise - Honeymoon

My better half and I are doing a transatlantic crossing from Southampton to New York and staying in New York for a few nights for our Honeymoon and we have a few questions?

1) What is the best time to get there to check in?

2) What is the clientelle like? We are a gay couple (28 & 32) and dont want to stick out like a sore thumb. On other forums i got the impression that the age range od cruisers are around 40?? I may be wrong on that though. We both are easy going and want to make the most of it

Thanks Guys
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just returned from the QM2 and as usual had a fantastic time.
Your documents will have a check-in time listed but you can arrive at the Ocean Terminal anytime. If there is a line-up you will be given a numbered card and directed to a waiting area until they are ready to check you in.
Once aboard you will have access to your cabin where you can stow your carry-on luggage and then proceed to explore the ship or have something to eat in King's Court buffet.
No you will not stick out. QM2 has a loyal gay following and the Daily Programme lists "Friends of Dorothy" meetings most days in the Commodore Club. Your fellow passengers will be an interesting mix of people and you already have something in common, you chose to experience a transatlantic crossing.
If you have more questions you wish to ask you can reach me at lap600@hotmail.com.
I've spent a lot of time on the ship and can spend hours obsessing about her.
Linda