Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2010, 11:31 AM
Beginner

Default Queen Victoria cruise

Hi everyone,

My Girlfriend and myself (both 29) are going on the Queen Victoria for a 4 day cruise next Thursday 29th April. This will be our first cruise.

I was hoping someone could answer a few questions please?

1. For breakfast and lunch, what attire is appropriate for the Britannia restaurant? In the booklet they provided it states that casual attire is fine for the Lido restaurant, but doesn't mention the others.

2. In the booklet is states that room service is free, but someone else on the forum said that you had to pay for the food when having room service, is this correct or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

3. What sort of age range can I mostly expect on this cruise?

4. Is the 2 bottles of wine or champagne rule strongly enforced?

Thanks for your help, and no doubt I will be back with some more questions.
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Admiral

Hi Nick, and firstly welcome to CruiseMates.

Wow Queen Victoria for your first cruise, very classy :o) and so to your questions.

1. Britannia - the dress code is only applicable in the evenings, for other meals it is as casual as the self service Lido, normally people would wear long trousers/pants & short sleeve shirts or tee-shirts

2. yes, and yes ;o) there are 2 sections in the room service, one with snacks, sandwiches, soup etc, and another where you can order full meals which have the price shown next to them. Tipping is of course at your discression, but certainly not expected for room service.

3. As it's only a 4 day cruise, the age will be pretty much around yours, from mid-20's through late 40's with a few more seasoned passengers grabbing the chance of a short break.

4. For ships sailing in & out of European ports, this doesn't seem to be enforced - it is there as a necessity so that it can be enforced if felt that party groups could get outr of control. The worst thing that can happen is that they take any excess away from you & then return it when you finally disembark. (if this happens, remember to reclaim it as instructed, or you will lose it)

Have a fantastic time on board, and other questions feel free to ask.

Alan & Katrina
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old June 3rd, 2010, 05:06 AM
Passenger

Thumbs up Queen Victoria cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickm1981 View Post
Hi everyone,

My Girlfriend and myself (both 29) are going on the Queen Victoria for a 4 day cruise next Thursday 29th April. This will be our first cruise.

I was hoping someone could answer a few questions please?

1. For breakfast and lunch, what attire is appropriate for the Britannia restaurant? In the booklet they provided it states that casual attire is fine for the Lido restaurant, but doesn't mention the others.

2. In the booklet is states that room service is free, but someone else on the forum said that you had to pay for the food when having room service, is this correct or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

3. What sort of age range can I mostly expect on this cruise?

4. Is the 2 bottles of wine or champagne rule strongly enforced?

Thanks for your help, and no doubt I will be back with some more questions.

Hi Nickm, How did you enjoy the trip? Can you please post your review? How was the cruise and services?