Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Familiar Face

Default Cunard Website

Can anyone indicate what is happening at Cunard. For the past several days I have been getting a Cunard webpage with an "error" message. Perhaps Cruismates could post an explanation on their Cruise Articles page. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Hmmm, I think you can count yourself lucky, I just tried the site & got redirect to http://www.cunard-france.com/ ok it's only a few miles to France from here in Southampton, but given that I can almost see the Cunard offices it did seem to be a bit strange.

C'est la vie ;o)

Alan (or should that be Alain)
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old June 10th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

It's working fine for me.
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Cunard recently changed their website and I've been having trouble getting into it and also found that my Bookmark didn't work. Even though the web address was the same I had to re-bookmark it. Some days it works really great and others I get the Error message. I rarely can access the Voyages and when I do it takes far too long to pull up what I have chosen.
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Admiral

it's been down for me too this week. As soon as I picked my country, error message. Picking from work where I don't currently have any Cunard Cookies, I can pick US and it's fine.

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Passenger

Default Come on Cunard

I have been having problems with the Cunard website for over 2 weeks. I had to give up and instead book with Cruise holiday offers, discount cruise deals, cheap cruisesI hope they manage to sort it out the problem soon.
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just tried and I can't access it either.
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Familiar Face

I'm not having any trouble with it

*FYI, I'm helping spread this link around for State Farm
Old June 17th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I suggest you try this - in your browser, under tools >> Internet options

try deleting your temporary files. Note that if you have an option I would NOT delete your cookies becausew you mau lose some stored passwords.

See of that helps, if it doesn't then you may have to delete your cookies.
Old June 17th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I did send an email to Cunard and they got back to me and said they would notify the team.
Old June 17th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Paul. I tried that several times and rebooted each time and still get an Error Page.
I called the World Club Desk and she informed that she could get in. I had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't say, "Well good for you Honey!".
I said I knew of others who were having trouble so she put me on hold twice and twice I was told to do what you suggested.
I can access Alistair Greener's "We are Cunard blog" and I received an email from Cunard regarding the new QE which I was able to open but this is only about the QE.
I can however access Cunard.com on my Netbook which uses the same connection. So I can read that but cannot print anything.
Linda
Old June 21st, 2010, 07:55 AM
Familiar Face

Well, it seems that I am not alone with problems associated with accessing the Cunard website. For the record, I have a new computer and yet the problem still persists. How frustrating for a low-tech person like myself. I guess I will have to rely on phone communication with Cunard when it comes to any issues involving our pending sailing later this year.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Familiar Face

Default Finally, some progress!

I was speaking with someone at Cunard this afternoon and it was confirmed a website problem does exist. Apparently it has something to do with a website upgrade about 3-4 weeks ago and they are aware of the situation. The problem relates only to accessing in Canada and not everyone or everywhere in Canada is adversely affected. I was told that tech staff are currently working on corrective action with a hope to resolving the situation soon. I am most relieved to learn that it was not something that I, as a no-tech person, had inadvertantly done.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 06:58 AM
Admiral

Default NEW Cunard website

Good morning everyone,

In my email today I received a message from Cunard announcing the launch of their new website.

I can once again get into it

It looks good too, so I hope everyone else can pick it up again now.

Alan

History :
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old June 23rd, 2010, 05:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

I received that email but it still doesn't work.
I was able to locate the Search a Voyage and can pull up dates, etc. but I can't access the Home Page so if I were needing to print documents, etc. I would have to find elsewhere to do that. Since I can't get the Home Page I cannot pull up anything regarding the ships such as deck plans, Officers on board, etc.
I was tempted to say to the World Club Desk (by the way I'm Platinum with over 100 days aboard) that you must not want my business. I might resort to that if it isn't fixed. I presume their server does not like Canadians.
Linda
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannp View Post
I received that email but it still doesn't work.
I was able to locate the Search a Voyage and can pull up dates, etc. but I can't access the Home Page so if I were needing to print documents, etc. I would have to find elsewhere to do that. Since I can't get the Home Page I cannot pull up anything regarding the ships such as deck plans, Officers on board, etc.
Hi Linda, you've probably already done this (several times) but it might be worth clearing down your history & Cunard cookies in case there is something odd going on there.
Other than that, you'll just have to change your nationality

Alan

History :
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

I have tried that numerous times and also did a complete scan of my computer which removes, cookies, etc. It does NOT work.
I shall call Cunard next week if it's not resolved.
Linda