It's like buying a dress only to see it a week later in the sales
Our friends have just surprised us by telling us they have booked themselves on our cruise, how nice is that! I was really excited until they told me they got the same category cabin with the same TA for £1,500 less. My Excitment soon wore off so how nasty am I, I should be so pleased that not only are they joining us they also got a bargin to boot! but i'm sure I will be excited again tomorrow :
It's felt a bit like buying something big in a store only to see it advertised at half the price the week after. don't you just hate it when that happends.
As I have said elswhere if its a few pounds that's life but thousands is just not on. Some US cruiselines make it up in OBC or maybe an upgrade. Our friends recently cancelled a cruise on P&O's Ventura(inside cabin), lost their deposit, rebooked a balcony & still saved money!!
Some answer questions...I also question answers
Like John's friends we too have, in the past, chosen to cancel & take the hit on the non-refundable deposit in order to get a better deal. Okay so we didn't get it as cheap as it would have been if we'd waited, but we did several severl hundreds of pounds by doing so.
It would be worth you asking, but get the TA to guarantee that you will not lose your booking altogether if there is any sort of waiting list.
You may also have to take a hit on not getting your preferred dining option, but for that sort of money, it would be a small inconvenience.
Last Cruise: Azamara Journey August 2014
Next: Queen Victoria November 2014
Followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014 and Minvera April 2015
called the TA today and they would not do anything about it nor could i get a refund minus deposit. the did say if the price of the cruise had gone up they would not have asked my to pay extra. That's nice of them.
However someone on here at one time suggested I ask to be put on a upgrade list in case Cunard sell of their suits cheaper near the end so i called them but did not quite understand what they were trying to say.
First of all they said that a box had been ticked saying i do not want to be offered a upgrade (i've never said that) so when i asked if they could untick the box the lady said yes and i would be considered for a upgrade but! if i was offered one I would not be able to refuse it and that it could be on a higher or lower deck.
Currently I have a A3 disabled balcony cabin. the balcony is a large one which goes around the side of the ship a bit. a upgrade would surly have to be to another disabled cabin which i would assume be in a princess suite or is there a better balcony cabin then what i have booked? It all sounded very confusing. If it is a upgrade then it has to be better then what i have booked so why would i want to refuse it unless they wanted too much for it? any suggestions