Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Familiar Face

Default Cunard and the Titanic 100 year anniversary

I was wondering if Cunard will be doing a special cruise for the 100 year anniversary of the Titanic? Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Admiral

Cunard are doing special celebrations for "the Queen's" Diamond jubilee in 2012, all three "queens" are in Southampton together with a big celebration, we are on the QM2 for this one. Haven't heard about any Titanic things though, most of the crew came from Southampton & most families lost someone in the disaster, we have two memorials one to the crew & one small one to the band, they are enlarging on the theme I think.
Old August 28th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Around the date of the Titanic anniversary the QV is scheduled for the Med. The QE and QM2 are wrapping up their World Cruises. The QM2 does a westbound transatlantic from Southampton on April 27th.
Old August 28th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the quick response!
Old August 29th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

When I have done TAs on the QM2, the Commodore usually makes reference in his noon report about sometimes being close to the proximity of the Titanic. It will be interesting to hear next year when the QM2 makes the transatlantic in late April whether she does anything to commemorate the anniversary.
Linda
Old September 2nd, 2011, 01:00 PM
Familiar Face

I asked my travel agent about this and they contacted a Cunard rep. Here is their answer:

Cunard will not be promoting the April 2012 voyages in association with the 15 April Anniversary date.

Commemorative activities will happen aboard all three of our ships where ever they are in the world that day.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 04:09 PM
Admiral

Not what you asked, but today in Southampton we had the return of the QE2's Anchor to be displayed on the QE2 mile at the end of the High street.