Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Disabled Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Disabled Cruisers Discuss issues concerning disabled cruisers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2000, 10:42 AM
Sunbear

Default Report medical conditions?

I am going on a cruise on the Sensation at the end of September. My boyfriend has a mild seizure condition. Do we need to inform the staff or doctor or are there forms of some sort? I want to be sure if something happens that someone will help me immediately.
thanks,
sunbear
Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2000, 08:03 AM
Amy Hammonds

Default RE: Report medical conditions?

Hello

I hate to ask you this but when you say "Mild" What do you mean? I ask this because I use to have aeizures they were mild, but one type of seizures I had looked worse then what they where. I mean NO disrespect. I can find out about the forms. Another question I have and again I mean NO disrespect. Will you be with your boyfriend alot or a god majority of the time? I ask this because IF and I mean IF he goes into a seizure while you arent with him I wouldn't want any one to panic. especially if the seizures "Look" worse then what the really are.

I would tell the ships doctor though. You dont have too but its maybe a good idea.If you have any futhure questions please post them or email me

Amy Hammonds
CruiseMates.com
Old September 2nd, 2000, 12:53 PM
Sunbear

Thanks for the response. When I mean mild, I mean extremely seldom. He has had like 1 in the last year. It's highly unlikely he will have one based on his history. Yes, I will be with him most of the time, that's why we are going on vacation . I contacted Carnival. I am just going to let them know, just in case anything happens. Thank you again.
-Sunbear
Old September 10th, 2000, 05:22 PM
Yeoman

Hello, I am Carol with Beasley Travel Inc. and I work with special needs a lot on cruises. If you have a medical condition, before you cruise you must have your travel agent report this to the special needs desk that the cruise line has.
This is one reason you need to work with a good agency that deals with special needs. Not all agents are up to date on what is needed for a cruise.
Old November 30th, 2000, 12:58 PM
First Mate

hi Carol, I`ve been meaning to contact you before as I was given your name by Amy, my ?? does Princess Lines & Costa Lines provide sharps containers for diabetics used needles to your knowlege? we are booked on both of these lines, thank you for any info, jean