Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Disabled Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Disabled Cruisers Discuss issues concerning disabled cruisers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2001, 08:26 PM
HannaS77

Default Physically Channgd Cruise Passengers

Since getting involved in the subject of Americans With Disability Act, I have received e-mail on the subject. It would appear that those that have asked my advise should never have been booked on the ship they used for the cruise. It seems that this may have been the fault or the cruise line or the travel agent.

I wish to recommend a guide that could be used by potential passengers or travel aAgents. Douglas Ward in his latest gem, "Berlitz Guide To Cruising and Cruise Ships 200l" Pages 57 to 64 informs the reader not only what the facilities for the handicap should be comprised of, but lists and grade ships on the vailability for use by the handicapped. Sorry I cannot offer any part of his disssertation since it is copyrighted. Any good travel agent should have the copy-the 2001 issue. Hey, did anyone see the couple hours on C-Span today on a TA Convention. Good stuff.,
Hannas77
The Cruise Line Ombudsman
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2001, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Physically Channgd Cruise Passengers

Hi Hanna,
Thanks for the tip on the book, I'm sure it will help a lot of people out when booking a cruise, tks.

Donnassei
Old January 11th, 2001, 06:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

> Hannas77
> The Cruise Line Ombudsman

Hi Hanna,
Just curious as to who you work for. Are you an official Ombudsman? Here in Canada we have a Airline Ombudsman appointed by the Federal Govt.
Do you work for the Feds?

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Old February 5th, 2001, 03:16 PM
HannaS77

I am permanently retired and work for nobody. I have taken 156 cruises so feel I know someting about the business. Besides, for more than 10 years I have read evertything I can lay my hands on for Maritime & Shipping Laws as it pertains to the cruise industry. I am going to refrain from representing myself as an Ombudsman. Too many of the viewers appear to be lawyers or employees of the cruise lines or travel agents who become too offensive in their opinions. Not worth the effort or aggrevation.
HannaSyy a/k/a mors@aol.com
Old February 13th, 2001, 02:32 AM
Beginner

Hello Just thought I would tell you or experience with Sun Princess and Celebrity Mercury. Our TA booked us into disabled cabins on both and found them to be excellant and the crew very helpfull. My wife is in a wheel chair and we were able to go into every port we visited. We have jsut booked the Crown for the New England cruise out of Boston and hope we find it as good. Thankyou for your concerns for the disabled. Alf and Liz from the Sunshine Coast of B.C. Canada