Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Disabled Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Disabled Cruisers Discuss issues concerning disabled cruisers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2001, 03:03 PM
First Mate

Default Room for shower chair on Adventure/Explorer/Voyage

I have a prosthetic leg which I don't wear when showering so I sit on a shower chair. On the only cruise we have been on I took my own and it was able to fit inside the tiny shower. I will be cruising on the Adventure of the Seas in December and was wondering if anyone was able to fit a shower chair in the shower of the Explorer or Voyager. I was unable to get a handicapped room so will plan on taking my shower chair again. Thanks

Dave
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2002, 01:12 AM
ddawnwisn

Default Re: Room for shower chair on Adventure/Explorer/Voyage

Dear Dave:
I'm not sure if this info will help or not. We are traveling on Explorer in 4/03 and my parents are coming also. Mom has a pacemaker and something called Vagell's episodes (faints). When talking to RCCL directly they said that shower seats are available. I was talking about getting a handicapped room but she seemed to imply that I didn't need to get one because these things were available if you ask and would fit in any shower stall. Please call RCCL direct and you will probably be able to leave yours at home and have a more acceptable answer. Hope that helps.
Debbie
Old September 6th, 2002, 08:50 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Room for shower chair on Adventure/Explorer/Voyage

You can also try what we used to do when my mother was still able to stand to transfer. We would "steal" one of the plastic deck chairs that are set out by the tables around the pool. They worked great in the stall shower.