Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Disabled Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Disabled Cruisers Discuss issues concerning disabled cruisers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2001, 02:03 PM
First Mate

Default Room for shower chair on Adventure/Explorer/Voyage

I have a prosthetic leg which I don't wear when showering so I sit on a shower chair. On the only cruise we have been on I took my own and it was able to fit inside the tiny shower. I will be cruising on the Adventure of the Seas in December and was wondering if anyone was able to fit a shower chair in the shower of the Explorer or Voyager. I was unable to get a handicapped room so will plan on taking my shower chair again. Thanks

Dave
Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Laine Wightman

Default Re: Room for shower chair on Adventure/Explorer/Voyage

Hello,
We were on the Adventure last year, and didn't have an accessible room either. I have a wheelchair, but it was okay for me.
The shower on these ships, except for the suites, which, I believe, have a bathtub, are like quarter round........like a quarter of a circle. They are easy to get into, but I'm not sure that a shower chair would fit. You might call RCCL and see if they have some available that will, they could also give you the shower measurements to see if your seat would fit. I remember seeing a list of things available for those that needed them, like toilet seat extensions, hearing equipment for the phone, etc, but I don't remember if there was a shower seat.
Good luck, and have a wonderful cruise! The Adventure was gorgeous, and HUGE, and I'm sure the others are just as impressive.
Old December 7th, 2002, 04:18 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Room for shower chair on Adventure/Explorer/Voyage

You might try what we have done a couple times in a pinch...."steal" one of the plastic deck chairs from the pool area and use this as a shower chair. They are usually quite functional for this and will fit in a small area in either a stall shower or most tubs.
Old December 31st, 2002, 06:32 PM
kareen

We were on the Victory and took a balcony chair for my grandmother to use for showering. No problem.
Old January 22nd, 2003, 03:57 PM
Vladimir Drobashevsky

Hi Dave,
My wife is also an amputee, but so far we were always able to book a HP cabin.
Most of our cruises have been on Princess and I know they have shower chairs in their storage. Ours once, had wobly legs and in no time did they replace it with a brand new chair. In addition to the WC for my wife , I used to take also a walker, but also found, there are plenty of walkers onboard!
Regards,
Vladimir and Elfrieda
Old March 23rd, 2003, 02:34 PM
Barbara Butler

I was on the Voyger a couple of years ago and the shower was huge and if my mmory is correct I think a chair was provided but be sure to ask I'd hate to be wrong.