Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Disabled Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Disabled Cruisers Discuss issues concerning disabled cruisers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2001, 05:24 PM
Trina

Default Carnival Inspiration

My husband and I will be traveling on Carnival's Inspiration on December 15. Does anyone know how accessible this ship is? I keep getting conflicting reports and my travel agent has not been of much help. At first just a few areas were listed by Carnival's Special Needs Dept. ( The funnel deck, the observation deck, the sports deck and the Laundry area)
I finally called the Special Needs Dept myself to ask more detail about something and they informed me now that the pool is inacessible too. This really aggravates me since I was told that many of the excursions off the ship were inacessible, I figured I could just go swimming or something else,,,,now that seems out of the question too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2001, 08:58 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival Inspiration

Where are you cruising? It is extermely rare to find ship tours that are accessible in any non-American ports. We never depend on them. We have had good success arranging our own tours via automobile (or van if you can handle the transfer) or even just taking cabs. Check on the internet for accessible tours in your ports (I can post some links of sites to check if you need them). Some ports you can just get off the ship and walk to local sights. Don't restrict yourself to the ship unnecessarily...

Most ship pools are technically inaccessible (ie, no pool lift). Depending on your mobility and the assistance you have available, you can still swim, although it make take some effort transferring over bench-type and heighth barriers. Some just have ladders for access, which is harder to get in/out, but a few do have steps. Ask the cruise line Special Needs department to get some digital photos to e-mail you so you can see the layout.

Here is a little information on this ship:
http://www.access-able.com/dBase/shdetail.cfm?id=36

You may also try posting and checking past posts on the Disabled Cruisers forum at www.cruisecritic.com

Please post a report here when you return from your trip.