Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Disabled Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Disabled Cruisers Discuss issues concerning disabled cruisers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Yeoman

Default Carnival Pride 3 people won't fit into handicap ac

Hi,

Las time we cruised we had a handicapped room for my mother. This time there is a 3rd person going with us and the handicapped rooms won't accomidate 3 people. I don't know how well my Mom's wheel chair will get through the stateroom door. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2002, 08:27 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival Pride 3 people won't fit into handica

Find out from the ship the door width. Have not traveled on this ship. You also need to find out about the bathroom set up...most require a 4-6 inch step up to get in, and many have only tubs instead of showers.

If you are not already paid up and committed for this cruise you may want to look at other ships. There are many other ships that do have handicapped cabins that will take 3. We have had good success with HAL, Princess and Celebrity in this regard. Most often the 3rd bed is either a bunk, a sofabed or a roll-away. It is pretty cozy though!