Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Disabled Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Disabled Cruisers Discuss issues concerning disabled cruisers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2002, 07:25 PM
rburns44

Default handicapped room on Victory & lifeboat drill a

Has anyone sailed on the Victory in a handicapped room? How much room is there? We have a handicapped room with a balcony and there are 3 of us. Also what can we expect with regards to life boat drill? We have been on other cruises but this is a first with a wheelchair.

Also has anyone used O2 while on a cruise? Any recommandations as far as companies to use to supply O2?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: handicapped room on Victory & lifeboat dri

Hi!

My Mom and I just cruised on Carnival Pride and she is on oxygen. The local oxygen supplier should be able to help but, I did find out that the special needs at Carnival would have been willing to help me locate a supplier that would deliver to the ship. I would suggest you talking with them.
Old March 11th, 2002, 09:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: handicapped room on Victory & lifeboat dri

When you get to the port get assistance from Carnival through their special needs service. On the Fascination in 12/01 we had several in our group who used the service. You won't have to wait in line to board. Also, you can use the service when leaving the ship, however only one person may go with the person who needs assistance. In Miami my mom and grandmother couldn't wait where the luggage were for us and my mom had some of the suitcases but not all. Spent 20 minutes searching until I figured and hoped that she had the missing luggage, which she did.