Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Disabled Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Disabled Cruisers Discuss issues concerning disabled cruisers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Princess wheelchair boarding

I don't have my own wheelchair but I called Princess and they've ordered a wheelchair for me for boarding the ship. I wear braces on my legs and have a lot of trouble with ramps and steps. We are cruising with 4 other adults and 3 children. How does Princess handle the wheelchair boarding? RCCL has Priority wheelchair boarding and they allow your whole party to board with you. Does Princess have Priority wheelchair boarding or will they just get a wheelchair for me and their wheelchair person will wait in line with everyone? Or...if we get priority boarding, will the rest of our party get to board with us? I 'm not familiar with Princess' s handicapped procedures. Thanks for any help!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Princess wheelchair boarding

I have cruised with my wheelchair several times. One time we were with another couple, and we were all four allowed to embark together through the handicapped entrance. I don't know what it would be like with more people. We are usually just two of us, and we stay together, even with my scooter.
If just a few of you can go together, you can meet the others on board, at your cabin, or at the Horizon Court for lunch.
Hope you have a wonderful time!
Old June 21st, 2004, 02:34 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Princess wheelchair boarding

Just be aware that the wheelchairs Princess uses are heavy E&J standard chairs...often in poor repair. Did they confirm they will allow you to take them off the ship in ports? Often they will not.. I would stronglly encourage you to consider taking your own lightweight wheelchair instead.