Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Disabled Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Disabled Cruisers Discuss issues concerning disabled cruisers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2004, 12:01 PM
Terry Kowsaluk

Default Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda ?

I am booking a cruise to Bermuda on the Celebrity Zenith on September 11th. Traveling with my three sisters and my handicapped wheelchair bound Mom. How is the ship. I have been told that it is accessible with a power chair to all decks and that the handicapped rooms are great. True or not?

Also anyone have any suggestions about Bermuda itself. Need a taxi - van that will hold 5 and wheelchair (portable wheelchair). How accessible are the ourist spots - Perfume factory, Natioanl Gallery etc.

Thanks for all input,
Terry
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2004, 05:51 PM
tuesday

Default Re: Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda ?

Hi Terry,
I'll be on Zenith 7/31 with my sister and wheelchair ridin' mom. We are in a handicap cabin. I'll post after the cruise and fill you in on the ship.
We sailed this same trip last summer, but stayed in a suite - but they don't have handicap suites - so this year, due to need, we booked the handicap ocean view. (Only choice).
Old July 2nd, 2004, 09:05 AM
Terry Kowsaluk

Default Re: Re: Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda ?

Thanks Tuesday - would really appreciate your input as far as the accessibility on the ship is concerned. Have done a lot of leg work on this aspect and it seems that Bermuda is not very handicap freindly. Most of the sidewalks in Hamilton have cut outs and I am assuming that the shops can be gotten into but most of the tourist spots - Perfumery, Glass Blowing, Museums etc do not have the handicap sign. Found a sight with all of the info on all parishes and will post it to you.

The ferry is handicap accessible but not all stops but it would be a good way to see the scenery and it does go to the Royal Dockyard, which is mostly shopping. It does not have a handicap sign but I think from my former visit that it is on one level. I will get you whatever info I get in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Terry
Old July 2nd, 2004, 09:11 AM
Terry Kowsaluk

Default Re: Re: Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda ?

Tuesday,

Here is some additional info. The Bermuda Online site is especially good.

Celebrity Cruising: 800—242-6374 choice 3 - Accessibility contact

Spoke to Sandra – e-mail: spierre@rccl.com (she was very helpful and is handicapped herself )

"She will get back to me on where the handicap bathrooms are on board

Tell “meet and greet person from Celebrity when we get there and they will facilitate boarding

The Zenith has four accessible outside cabins that are 199 square feet. The cabin numbers are 5048, 5049, 5060 and 5061. Both the entry and the bathroom doors are 36" wide and there are no sills. The bathrooms are 41 square feet and have roll-in showers, hand held shower head, fold-down seat and grab bars. The sinks have ample clearance for a chair and the mirror is adjustable. The toilets are 18" high and have grab bars. All decks are accessible as are the public restrooms."

http://bermuda-online.org/abcbda2.htm
http://www.bermuda.com/categories/tr...sportation.htm
Old July 4th, 2004, 06:58 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda ?

3 of us were in 5061 on the Zenith through the Panama Canal (15 days) in 1995 and we consider this one of our all-time best cruises and best rooms. Have a good time!