Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Disabled Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Disabled Cruisers Discuss issues concerning disabled cruisers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Yeoman

Default Cabin # 6207 on Carnival Valor

I have asked this on one of the other area's but thought I should ask here too. We had to have a handicapped room for our up coming Valor Cruise. We were assigned
# 6207. This cabin is as far forward as they go for balconies on this deck. We have never had a cabin that far forward and worry a bit about the motion. Do any of you have first hand info about this cabin on the Valor or at least on this class of ship? Is there more motion when you're that far forward? What about noise? This cabin will be over the Anchor. If any of you have any photo's of the handicapped rooms (8A) on this class, I'd love to see them.
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Cabin # 6207 on Carnival Valor

Have any of you any info on any of the balcony handicapped rooms?
Old September 4th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Yeoman

Thought I'd bump this up to the top. Just wanted to know if anyone has any info about the far forward cabins on the Valor? I just wondered, mainly, about motion and noise.
Old September 4th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Passenger

I don't have any personal experience on the Valor but here's a physics lesson for 'ya : )

The motion on the ship changes with the deck level and not with the fore-aft position. The higher the deck the more you will feel the listing. Picture a "V". This is the shape of the ship. The higher decks will move a farther distance as the boat rocks on the apex so you will feel it more. Of course the ship has all types of stabilizers and you probably won't feel much of anything unless you hit some really rough seas. Being further foreward or aft on the ship at the same level will make no difference to the motion feel.

As far as Noise goes, the lower the deck the more you will hear noise and feel vibrations. The Azipods (steering motors) and Anchor motors are on the lowest decks of the ship so the noise and vibration typically come from them and also from the water treatment system and generators inside the hull.

Hope that helps!

Ron

Celebrity Cruiselines' "Summit" - Alaska : 14 Days
Old September 9th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Yeoman

I was more concerned about the noise from the Theater. We are above it - but more above the back stage area then the stage it's self.
Old October 10th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Yeoman

This is a terrible cabin and would not recommend anyone booking this. It is next to a maitainance cage and this obstructs your view. It is next door to a door way leading to an observation deck. You hear this door banging shut at all hours of the day and night. You also hear the people talking and laughing out on this deck. There is NO wheelchair access to the balcony and it is a narrow room.