Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Disabled Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Disabled Cruisers Discuss issues concerning disabled cruisers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Passenger

Default Recent Valor experience...

I'll be sailing in May on the Valor, has anyone cruised it lately? Any positive or negative feedback? I'm curious as to what I can expect....Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Yeoman

I was on the Valor in Oct of 2005. It was a nice ship but NOT friendly to those with disabilities. They had counters in the buffet area that were extra ordinarily high, the staff did NOT help out in any way. they did not even help with getting on and off the ship. Of the 11 cruises I've been on, this was one of the worse.
Old January 8th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Passenger

We were also on the Valor in June 2006. I have an electric scooter that can be folded and my husband took it in the cabin door that way. As far as getting on and off the ship, they were HORRIBLE. No help, whatsoever. We got quite the runaround and no one would help with the scooter. I had to get off the scooter (luckily, I am able to do that), we would fold it up, and my husband would carry it on and off. They were also not very nice about finding a ramp for us to use. They said, "We only have steps, the ramp is for the employees." Then they'd send us over to the employee ramp, and they would yell at us and tell us we couldn't be over there and send us back. Quite the runaround. We are so used to doing for ourselves that we 'sucked it up' and just did what we had to do. We did express our frustration with the HC access in the comments. But, if they read them, we don't know. In spite of that, we did have a good time. But, be prepared to speak up, and also take the initiative to fend for yourself. You'll be fine.
HAL Zuiderdam - 2004
Carnival Valor - 2006
Carnival Pride - 2008 (Mexican Riviera)
RCI Explorer of the Seas - 2009
RCI Explorer of the Seas - 2010
Celebrity Equinox 2011
RCI Explorer of the Seas - 2011
Celebrity Summit - 2012
RCI Enchantment of the Seas - 2013
RCI Freedom of the Seas -2014
Old February 6th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Yeoman

Lori - I hope you wrote to the cruise line about the terrible service on the Valor! I did. That's the only way they will know how much of a problem they are having with Customer Service. Because to the terrible experience with the Valor, we don't give myc consideration to going on Carnival again and we have been on that line 5 times.

Last year, we tried Princess (Carnival owned) and had a bad experience with them. They put carpet on the steps at the gang way and had me go down that in my scooter! Some of the door ways in the public areas had such large humps, the scooter got stuck if I didn't go over them straight.