Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Disabled Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Disabled Cruisers Discuss issues concerning disabled cruisers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Beginner

Default questions of Mexican Riviera ports and beaches

I'm going on my first cruise. (7 day Mexican Riviera on Carnival Pride). I don't use a wheelchair but I can only walk on flat ground. Slanted ground, uneven ground, and stairs are bad for me. I think I should be fine on the ship but I'm concerned about the ports of call. For Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan, I would like to get off the ship, take a taxi or bus as soon as possible, be dropped off at a beach, and walk as little as possible to the beach to beach bum all day while my husband plays watersports. Does anyone know if this is possible without having to walk on any slanted or uneven ground? If so, do you know which beaches in Puerto Vallarta and/or Mazatlan I should go to? And where should the taxi drop me off so I can easily access the beach?
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Passenger

In Puerto Vallarta, all you have to do is take a taxi to the main shopping street (downtown). It is right across from the ocean and there are very few if any stairs to deal with. You can also book some water activites there to. They have a really nice area you can just sit at and look at the ocean if you need to. There is also a main square area that often has stuff going on that you can watch. If you chose to do some walking to the stores, they are across the street and the only steps you would have to deal with are the curbs.

Princess Golden - Meaxican Riviera Oct/Nov '07
Norwegian Star - Mexican Riviera Oct '06
Carnival Ecstasy - Catalina/Mexico April '02
Disney Wonder - 3 day Bahamas Nov '99