Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Disabled Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Disabled Cruisers Discuss issues concerning disabled cruisers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Beginner

Default LAX transfer

Had airport transfer and had been assurred by special needs desk that a bus with a lift would be available at LAX. Did not happen..told to take taxi.RCCL said they were sorry and refunded the fare. We are doing it again in Jan and daughter with cp will have a power chair that will definitely need a lift. All they will say is that "you have the transfers and yes there is a note that you need a lift on the bus for the wheelchair".
This is not enough for me at this point. Any suggestions?

Decided to drive the 360 miles.
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2008, 02:18 AM
First Mate

If they cannot provide you a lift on their bus, the ADA requires that they arrange alternative transportation at no additional expense. Push them on this. I would suggest using www.SuperShuttle.com as they have lift-equipped vans and provide good service, but do need at least 24 hours notice for this. You can make reservations on-line.
Old January 28th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Beginner

I had considered that but quite frankley did not want to be in the position of having to wait an extended peroid of time at the airport. Last Feb they had us wait for well over an hour before they decided what they were going to do. Our next cruise will be Independence 1/09, fll. Have hotel (Hampton) with shuttle, which probably is not equipted with a lift and plan on pushing that. Thanks
Old July 21st, 2008, 03:55 PM
Passenger

RCI has ensured that everytime I arrived at an airport of left the ship they provided a vehicle with a lift except once in Barcelona, but I could walk up the stairs and they put my scooter under the bus, that was with Celebrity, in Fll they had bus with a lift for me. I did have to wait a little while longer for the bus with the lift but was not the only one on the bus. In Vancouver they called for a van and waited about half an hour for the van to arrive.