Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2001, 03:51 PM
Mike D.

Default Cruising with kids

Hi,
My wife and I (and possibly my sister-in-law) will be cruising on the Wonder Jan.6,2001. My boys will be ages 3 1/2 and 2 and I am slighty terrified. I welcome any comments,observations,suggestions etc.
Also, will anybody else with small kids be cruising on that date?? (4 days cruise).
Thank you,
Mike D.
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2001, 08:49 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Cruising with kids

I sailed on the Disney Magic September 2000 on the 7-night cruise with my 3 children, ages 7 years, 16 months, and 11 months, and here are my observations. First, your 3 year old will probably have a terrific time in the kids program, and he can be in it practically all day long. As for your 2 year old, he is too young for the kids programs so the only childcare available for him is the Flounder's Reef Nursery. The staff there is great and it is a really nice facility, but here are 3 very important caveats: 1 (and this is MOST IMPORTANT). Make sure you go to the Nursery as soon as it opens when you first get on the ship so you can sign up for babysitting. The hours they're open are extremely limited and the space fills up very fast, so make sure you go there first when you get on board. 2. Babysitting in the nursery costs $6.00 per hour, so be prepared for a hefty bill at the end of the cruise if your son is there a lot. 3. They may have changed this since I cruised, but beware that the kids program is open til 1:00 am, but the nursery is only open until Midnight, so plan accordingly.

Have a great time!
Old July 13th, 2001, 09:42 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Cruising with kids

We will be cruising on the 7 night Magic with our boys ages 3 1/2 and 17 months on August 25, 2001. I'll fill you in on the details when we return. Also go to disneyinfo.com there's a great cruise discussion board there with great suggestions.