Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2001, 04:58 PM
Ted Scull

Default Enrichment Program 7-day cruises

The recent review mentioned the daytime enrichment program for the three sea days but did not elaborate any more than a press release.

What happens during the cooking classes? I read that one segment, two sessions, is to be how to entertain, another was about maritime history and a third a behind the scenes looking at Disney productions.

Any specific from anyone who has taken this one-week itinerary would be appreciated.

Ted
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2001, 08:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Enrichment Program 7-day cruises

I sailed in September aboard the Magic.

We chose the Behind the Scenes track, but you can mix and match as your time allows.

Each week they have a featured speaker. Some past guests have included the voice of Ariel, animator's, animal trainers from Animal Kingdom, and in our case a writer of many Disney books. It was fascinating to hear the stories of what goes on behind teh scenes to make all things magical with Disney. Rumor has it that Michael Eisner will be doing a week of these this summer. That would be exciting!

We did go over to a cooking class one day. It was a dessert presentation. One of the chefs was there and he showed us from step one to completion how to make a dessert. They provided you with a recipe and had many samples (including a wine pairing) to try out his creation.

We also attended one of the maritime events. This included a film covering the making of the Magic concluded by a panel discussion with several high ranking crew members. This was fascinating to me - but overly technical, which lost my wife!

Any other questions - I'd be happy to answer.