Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2001, 07:03 PM
jerilyn

Default Food Quality

Has any one had any disappointments in the food served on the Disney ships. Had read a post or two saying "was the worst" can't imagine that to be true. But would like to hear some opinions. Also do they have the equivilant of the Lido buffet going on during dinner hour. Thanks for your help. Jeri
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2001, 03:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Food Quality

We went on the cruise shortly after they first started sailing. Although the food did need some improving, it was better than most restaurants that we currently eat at. There were several people on board who had cruised on Princess, Carnival, etc. and they mentioned that the food was almost just as good but did need some work.
Old April 6th, 2001, 09:52 AM
Yvonne

My husband and I were on the 1/13 sailing of the Magic and we thought the food was great! The only disappointment was the sirloin steak one night, it had too much gristle. I thought Disney would have only "the best" steaks, but not true in this case. The rest of the food in the dining rooms was wonderful though, especailly the lobster one night! We ate at Topsiders most mornings for breakfast (loved their croissants, and all the fresh fruit!) and lunch for the buffet too which we thought was very good, and different choices each day. I've heard that now they have Topsiders open at night for an evening buffet, if you don't want to go to the dining room. Room service was good too!
Old April 11th, 2001, 03:26 AM
First Mate

I sailed on the Magic in September 2000 (7 nighter) and I found the food to be adequate in the dining rooms. (Adequate meaning relatively good choices but nothing truly exciting or exceptional in quality.) The food from the buffet was pretty bad most of the time, particularly for lunch, although I must say that my kids loved it because there was plenty of chicken strips, french fries, and stuff like that. I don't believe the buffet is open during dinner, and I think all you can get from room service is sandwiches and potato chips.

I have sailed on several other lines and have found the food to be much better than on Disney. Hope this helps, and good luck.
Old April 20th, 2001, 06:49 PM
Passenger

We were prepared for low-quality food on board, but were very pleasantly surprised with the menu selections, food quality, taste and presentation. I would avoid fish entrees, they were not up to par with the poultry and beef selections. The shrimp and other shellfish was fine. Breakfast was excellent, lunch was average, and dinner was good to excellent. Even the fast food served poolside (hamburgers, dogs, and yummy fries) was wonderful.

This comparison might help: Disney Cruise Line food was much, much better than anything we found at any of the Disney World restaurants, but not quite as good as a 4-star restaurant in a major US city.

The kids will LOVE it. Mine got to each their favorite (mac'n'cheese) at every meal, regardless of whether or not it was on the menu. The servers really know how to please the little ones.