Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2001, 11:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Dress for Disney Cruise Dinners

My wife, our two kids (8,5) and I are booked for mid July on the Magic. We were hoping for a leisurely cruise without having to worry about dressing up for meals. What are the options if you never want to come out of your shorts and t-shirts? My 8 year old really eats a lot. Can he order more than one meal at dinner?
Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2001, 11:33 PM
Jim & Colleen

Default Re: Dress for Disney Cruise Dinners

We just returned from the 7-day cruise on the Magic last Saturday. There is as much food on this ship as you care to eat. The 7-day cruise had two formal dinner nights. One of the restaurants in the normal seating rotation "Lumiere's" suggests a jacket for men but we saw some men without. No shorts are allowed in any of the dining areas in the evening.

There are other dining options aside from the normal evening rotation if you do not care to dress for dinner. On deck 9 near the pools, pizza, wings, chicken tenders, hotdogs and burgers are available until late evening for casual dining in bathing attire or shorts. Room service is also available, and it is all included. Sodas are included in the restaurants when ordered with a meal however they are $1.50 on deck at the casual eateries. There is a plan where you can purchase a refillable mug for sodas, however it is $35 so you have to "do the math" for your drinking habits to see if it is worth it for you. Other beverage options are available on Deck 9 like coffee, tea, hot chocolate, water, and milk for free.

At any of the eating establishments, casual or sit-down, you can order multiple meals.
Old May 1st, 2001, 09:52 PM
Mom to K&K

I just returned from the 7 day cruise. We sailed on 4/8 with 6 families. We had children from 1 1/2 to 14. The children can order off of the children's menu or the adult menu for dinner. They can order as much as they want. We did have of the children that ordered several appetizers every night with a main course from the children's menu. We also had nights when two main courses were ordered. So, my advice is order what you want. I will note that many times we did order so that we could have surf and turf. So what we did was not order two dinners, we just asked that the filet be added to the plate with the lobster. That way you did not get two sets of veggies, rice... As for the dress, the formal and semi formal nights you do need to dress - ie: jacket/dress. We did not wear shorts into the dining room. My husband did wear dockers and a "polo" type shirt on the other nights. The last night several members of our party did wear shorts. This is only for dinners. The rest of the time, breakfast and lunch everything is very casual. I did not even see the dining rooms for breakfast or lunch, except for the character breakfast. I had breakfast delivered to the room and at lunch we ate at poolside. Also, go to Palos (adults only) for brunch, high tea and dinner. I thought that the brunch was the BEST. Have fun, we are saving for our next trip already.
Old May 29th, 2001, 08:32 PM
Passenger

My husband and I will be cruising on the Disney Wonder next week. We've been reading about dress for dinner, and we were wondering what the appropriate dress for a 7-year old boy would be. I understand the no shorts rule, but does that apply to dressier shorts for young boys? Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old June 13th, 2001, 02:07 PM
Tony Ricciotti

Shorts ar not appropriate, even for children. However, a pair of pants (not denim) and a polo shirt is acceptable for the non-formal nights, for the formal and semi-formal nights, pants (again not denim) and a button down shirt are acceptable, a tie is nice but not needed. They are more relaxed for childern because they understand some people just cannot afford to buy suits for thier children when they are just going to outgrow them quickly.