Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2001, 07:13 AM
Passenger

Default Snack Bars and Room Service

Hi, I was wondering about alternative dining options on the formal nights. We are not "dressy" people (i.e. jacket and tie) and would rather grab something else on those nights. I really do feel that Disney is missing the mark by not having a "casual" buffet open for dinner, as this is offered on other cruise lines, and I would think it would be even more beneficial since this is a kid oriented cruise.

But I digress. I was wondering how late the snack bars by the pool, that offer hot dogs and chicken strips, stay open. Also, what is available from room service? Would it be sufficient for a dinner?

Also, I know that on one of the nights of the 7 day cruise there is a midnight buffet with a tour of the galley. Is there a dress code for this or is it "come as you are"?

Any help is appreciated. We are big Disney fans, and want to try out a cruise in February, and some of these things will be our deciding factor between Disney and another line.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2001, 02:34 PM
Tamara

Default Re: Snack Bars and Room Service

Nicole,

There is alternative dining in the Topsider Rest. It is not buffet at night but dress is more casual and you can go at anytime during the evening. I understand that they serve the same menu as the Main dining rooms. We never tried that option in the evening because we enjoyed the main dining rooms. On formal night, only about 1/2 of the ship was dressed formally. The others were dressed in nice clothes but not tuxes and long dresses. The do not allow shorts in the dining rooms at night.

Room service- this was a favorite with my kids. They have all of the chicken fingers, pizza, hot dogs, etc available through out the day and evening plus a limited menu of adult food available also.

There is a Midnight dessert buffet, which is casual to go to and they do a big Deck party by the pool one night which they serve food- mostly snacks and desserts.

Disney bends over backwards to keep you happy on the Magic

If you have any other questions, I'd love to answer them
Old July 15th, 2001, 06:30 PM
Passenger

Thanks Tamara. I wasn't aware that Topsiders was open at night, I thought I remembered reading it was only for the children's programs to eat at, but I have absorbed so much information about the cruise it makes me dizzy

We don't mind wearing clothes such as dockers and a polo and a nice top and dress pants, it's just when stockings and jackets get involved, we tend to shy away! At any rate, it sounds like there are sufficient options.

Thanks for your help!!
Old July 20th, 2001, 03:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

You do not have to wear a tie/jacket or dresses in any of the dining rooms. Lumiere's/Triton's does require that men wear tie/jacket. When my husband and I went to Lumiere's, I wore a pantsuit. For the other dining rooms, I never wore hose and heels. I always wore summer-type dresses and saw some women in dress pants. Dockers and polos are fine just no shorts please.