Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2001, 05:59 PM
John Burns, RPh

Default Soliciting Opinions...

MY wife and I will celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary this summer with our 6-year old son this summer and a 4-day land/3-day cruise Disney package. We are purchasing the land transfers thru Disney, but are opting to book our own flights. I am soliciting opinions on the following questions:

1. Are the land transfers from airport to resort to ship to airport?

2. What is the earliest "safe" time to book our flights home after debarking the Wonder, considering we have to get back to Orlando airport from Port Canaveral?

Responses left here or e-mals are most appreciated.

Thank you!

John Burns
Kalamazoo, MI
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2001, 08:24 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Soliciting Opinions...

According to my Disney cruise documents, "Guests who make their own air arrangements may purchase ground and baggage transfers for Disney Cruise Vatations, which transfers include xportation between the WDW resort, Port Canaveral and a central FL airport". They recommend a minimum of four hours at the end of the cruise for travel time, customs and airport security checks. All this is on page 69. One nice thing about doing the resort before the cruise, you can do the ship check in at the hotel, get your stateroom key and credit card (probably one and the same) then board the bus and just walk aboard when you get to the terminal. They claim if you use their service, you don't touch your bags from the time you put them on the bus at the airport until you are dumped back at the airport. Again, see page 69 of the mouse book.
Old December 15th, 2001, 08:38 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I would purchase the ground transfers. We did that last year on the Land/Sea package and we literally did NOT touch our bags from the time we packed them to the time we got home from our trip. It was great !!
Old January 7th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Paul Martin

We did this trip in November and the answer to your first question is YES.
We booked our own airfare at great savings and then purchased the Transfers seperately. Airport-resort-Port Canaveral-airport. It all went very smoothly.
As to your second question; our flight out of Oralndo was a 2:30 and we goot there in plenty of time. But remember that because of Sept.11, there still weren't too many people flying at the time. Getting off the Wonder at port was the fastest and smoothest of any cruise I have ever been on.