Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2001, 10:47 AM
Yeoman

Default January freebee

Cruisers booking a four or seven day cruise in January 2002 on either the Wonder or Magic will get a voucher for a three day fall cruise for $99! Actually it comes to $178 when you add up the tackons. Still, not bad considering you are guaranteed the same or better stateroom category.

Those with three day cruises booked might want to consider opting for the four day if you want a second Disney quicky the same year.

Boarding the cats will cost about the same. Granted they will live up scale and eat better than us.
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2002, 08:09 PM
Jordan Blessing

Default Re: January freebee

Do you mean book or take in January? I just booked a 7 day cruise and didn't here anything about this??
Old January 9th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Yeoman

Has to start in January. We leave on the 27th and have been assured the vouchers will be in our room.

Have since learned that you are guaranteed at least the same category room, the voucher is good for the same number of people that were booked into the room but only one has to be from that party Believe it has to be redeemed in the fall but not during the peak weekends.

Email me when I get back and I'll read you exactly what it says.
Old March 4th, 2002, 12:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Don, what do you mean in your review, when you say that Carnival represents everything you have tried to rise above? Is it standards of the line or of the guests. Guests on Wonder don't sound very discerning, when you describe their dress and eating habits. Thanks, just interested - I have sailed Carnival & Disney and your comments are most interesting.
Old March 4th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Yeoman

I have a long standing abhorrence to cattle boats and their frenzied "I will have the time of my life it kills me, and you" attitude. To me Canival and Spring Break used to be synonymous. However, I've been challenged to try the new Carnival mega ships so I may have to recant. I think I know how.

Disney Wonder should be no surprise. Same group from WDW. Once the kids got checked into the Oceaneer's club and lab, things settled down. My objection to the grown ups was their total disdain for dress codes. It is the same "I'm on vacation and I'll do what I want" attitude that caused lesser lines to just give up.

I can be as grungy and self centered as the next but it irritates me to get cleaned up and wear what is requested, then have to sit next to some jerk in a tank top he has worn for a couple of days. I have asked people if their kids always act as they are and have been told they are on vacation, no rules.

So - Disney ships are a classy extension of WDW. I've been lead to believe Carnival ships are one long fraternity party. Since we survived the Wonder, suppose I'm obliged to try Carnival.

More than you ever wanted to know.
Old March 5th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hey, I happen to agree with you re dress code and distinct lack of decorum of most passengers. However, I think it is a prodcut of so many special offers and cruising now available to the masses. We recently got off Celebrity Millennium and were amazed at the casual dress of many many passengers (and bad manners). We are sailing on Pride in November and just don't know what to expect. I have sailed many times on the Magic, and know that they target a demographic that has not sailed before, and therefore has no experience of expected behavior. Of course the fact that only a small portion of guests dine in the formal restaurant on any one night, makes it feel odd to walk around all dressed up when everyone else is in resort wear.
Old March 5th, 2002, 12:07 PM
Yeoman

I'm sure most of the folks who took their kids out of school for a January cruise did it for the same reason we did, the price was too good to pass up. We paid through the nose for a cruise to Bermuda in Raddison Mariner and got what we paid for; style, class and decorum. Actually, the guests behaved and dressed one notch up from what was expected, probably because that is how they always dress and behave.

If you follow the herd, I suppose it follows that you become part of the herd.

Maybe if I trash Carnival they will give me a free cruise to show that their reputation is unwarrented. I'm waiting.