Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2002, 02:41 AM
Admiral

Default Disney Wonder or Sovereign of the Seas?

My husband and I are planning a Disney World/Bahamas vacation with our 4 children. We we're undecided for awhile between Fantasy and Sovereign of the Seas, but finally decided we wanted two oceanview staterooms on the Sovereign. However, I am becoming increasingly curious about the Disney Wonder because of newer ship, and cabin size. The Disney ship looks so clean.

Tell me, how does the service, food quality and activities on Disney compare to other lines? How attentive is Disney to children onboard? I had a friend whom son didn't like Disney Magic as well as Majesty of the Seas because there were so many kids and he was just a number in the crowd not much personalized attention. My children are used to RCCL as well. Are the kids on Disney generally entertained well enough to not run completely wild and annoy fellow passengers on Disney like RCCL?

Also, are the balconies on Disney private or will I have people looking down on me from balconies above or seeing through the wall from adjacent balconies? I am interested in category 6 on the Wonder.
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2002, 01:24 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Disney Wonder or Sovereign of the Seas?

Just got off Wonder, have a report somewhere on this website. We had a cat 6 room.

Have cruised in both, too much to cover in the bulletin board. Email me with specifics and I'll give you a comparison.

No varandahs on SoS, balconies on the sides of Wonder are stacked and private, the ones aft look down onto the one below.

Both ships are clean, the Wonder is newer and has a definite Disney look.

Food service on both is banquet style, thought the food on Wonder better. Service is a toss up, good to excellent on both. Options on where to eat when on both too many to cover here.

The children's programs dominate Disney, seem to be just one of the functions of the staff on S0S. There will be hundreds on the SoS and thousands on the Wonder. Programs on Wonder are totally controlled by the best counselers in the business. The youngsters were clearly having the best time of all the passengers in Wonder. In SoS, it seems children accompanied their parents. In Wonder, a lot of parents were the problem.