Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2002, 11:03 PM
First Mate

Default Magic

My family and I went on The Wonder in Feb. '01. We had a great time. We were thinking about doing the Magic's seven day Western Caribbean next spring. Does anyone know if there are fewer younger children on the seven day cruises than the four day cruises? May there be any other notable differences between a four day and seven day Disney cruise?
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2002, 06:27 PM
E. Lee DeGolyer

Default Re: Magic

There seemed to be enough small children on the February 9th Eastern Caribbean sailing of the Disney Magic. I took my forty something cousin and her eight month old and five year old, and both of the little ones had plenty of company. Not only were Flounder's Reef and the Oceaneer's Club well-filled, but the five year old found plenty of playmates to hang out with at the Mickey Pool.
Old March 9th, 2002, 12:23 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Doreen

On the Jan 26th Magic there was 800 to 1100 (depending on who I talked ) Kids the ship was pretty full and from what i gather there is always lots of kids on board . I have not been on the 4 day but the 7 day has mor activitys like a charactor breakfast and other things they just don't have time for on the 3 or 4 day . Try this link tons of info
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=9
Great people just like here on Cruisemates . Doreen
Old June 12th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just cruised May 25th on the Magic and it was loaded with kids from 2 - 12ish. They really took over the ship!
Old July 9th, 2002, 01:36 AM
morfordisney

Default Re: Re: Magic

Sailed the Magic in Feb. '01 over Valentines Day. The ship was full but we never thought it was out of control or too crazy except for one very hot afternoon after being on shore the Mickey pool was packed. There are soooo many things for the kids to do and places adults can get a break while they're in the clubs. The kids are also very tired at night so no problems getting them to bed. We loved it so much that we are doing Western in Mar. '03. Can't wait. The kids are so excited!
Old August 14th, 2002, 10:26 AM
TeensMom

Just returned from a 7-day western on the Magic. There were tons of kids but they were usually very in control). I hung out at the adult pool on sea days and my husband and I did the adults only clubs at night so the kids were really not a problem. Both my teens had a blast in Common Grounds and their activities.

One note - children under 10 or 11 should NOT go on the Tulum ruins excursion in Cozumel. It is long, warm, and fairly rough walking. Some younger ones just did not appreciate the historic and cultural significance, they really wanted to be swimming. One baby just cried and cried. I plan to let Disney know that this warning should be on the excursion literature.