Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Passenger

Default Land & Sea Where to Eat

We are planning a family cruise next year, but I was reviewing the Disney site and there are SOOOOO many restaurants. This will be a big vacation for us ($$$) so I'm trying to conserve where I can.

Can anyone recommend some restaurants that wont break me?

We are doing the 3/4 so I only have to accomodate for the three land days.

Thanks,
Keith
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2002, 09:06 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Land & Sea Where to Eat

I know a great place to eat with resonable price plus GREAT entertainment while you chow down. The Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Revue is the place to go in Magic Kingdom. Good food and the entertainment won't be easy to forget. Stay away from Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney. For 4 people I spent $200 dollars on a meal, even though I enjoyed the restaurant. Anyplace in Downtown Disney is expensive, but if you want one night of good food with a bit of class that's where to go.
Old March 23rd, 2002, 08:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are also planning a family vacation next year. This year is our turn to cruise, and next yr. will be with the family. We're also doing the land and sea. I know this won't answer your question as to where to eat, but I do know if you bring your own snacks and water bottles, that can help. My friend just got back and took snacks in their backpacks. They did search them and didn't say anything. It costs a fortune for a family to eat there! We're doing the three day WDW 4 day cruise, but found by the time our plane comes in Thursday eve., we only have 2 full days at WDW. We're going to fly in the day before and stay at the hotel that's at the airport. Heard it was nice. Then they'll take you to your hotel first thing in the morning and that will give you one full extra day at WDW. We're booking our own airfare that is. Just a thought. Have a wonderful time! I know I'm even looking forward to it. Heard the ship is beautiful!!
Old March 24th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Land & Sea Where to Eat

We haven't booked it yet, so I'm not sure about the plane arrival time, but that wouldn't be good, to miss a whole day!

I'll have to look at booking our on air as well, thanks for the heads up!
Old March 24th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Passenger

Thank you! I'll save this note!
Old March 26th, 2002, 09:52 PM
First Mate

I think the "Cape May Cafe" at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Hotel is one of the best deals in Disney. It's a seafood buffet (I eat at least 2 buckets of steamers every visit) and it cost around $22 per person (cheaper for kids). If you only drink ice tea (all the free refills you want) you can get out of there pretty cheap (considering Disney prices). The New England clam chowder is excellent, they have peel your own shrimp, mussels and they also have beef tips, chicken, mashed potatos, etc. for those who aren't crazy for seafood. We always make a reservation for 7 PM as the restaurant is within walking distance to the back gate of EPCOT (Between France & England) and that way you can get back to EPCOT just in time for the 9PM Illuminations show.
Old March 26th, 2002, 10:15 PM
Passenger

Thanks, I'll add this to my collection!
Old March 29th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Yeoman

The food courts at Port Orleans and Dixie Landings are good, have kid appeal and about as reasonable as you will find on the property. The Hawaiian luau and Hoopdee Doo Review are fixed price all you can eat with great entertainment. A memorable evening but you have to either book months in advance or show up and get in the no show line to get the table people booked months ago and then forgot about. Lots of those. The two restaraunts on either side of the end of main street in the Magic kingdom are good and fairly reasonable. All the "countries" in Epcot have two restaurants, cheap and elegant, that serve regional meals that are really good and fun. The Moroccan bazaar is different, complete with g rated belly dancer. Unfortunately, the fast food courts in the parks have been contracted out, so the quality has suffered and the prices outrageous. You get better value at a Disney run restaurant.

More than you ever wanted to know.
Old September 8th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Dear Keith,
We are first time cruiser Jan. But Disney world 3x veterns. Ohana's at the Polynesian Resort is wonderful. All you can eat on the meats&shrimp. Great entertainment. We had family of four, a 6 & 16 year old. Three years ago most meals came to at least $125.
But we ate breakfast in the room(Dixie Landings) snacks in thebackpack orhop on the bus for a quite sandwich back at the room. (great thing about staying on site) and slurged on dinner. Make you reservations for dinner in advance you won't have to wait .
Rainforest is also fantastic at Downtown Disney. Sci-fi at MGM was great also.