Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2002, 07:16 PM
~Jill~

Default Outrageous Prices!

Wow...I called Disney today for some prices and they were outrageous!! it was for february school vacation and for my family of 4 it was about 6,500$! When I could sail on Celebrity for about 3,200$ which is a much nicer line! i think disney needs to drop there prices!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2002, 02:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Outrageous Prices!

What cabin did you ask for? We are looking at a January 19 sailing family of four cat.11 and we have quotes from AAA and Uniglobe for under $3000. Are you including air?
We didn't we are doing that on our own. And are you looking at the Wonder 4day or the Magic 7 that will make a big difference.
Old August 24th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Yeoman

People have been bellyaching about Disney prices for fifty years but the money keeps rolling in.

One reason the prices for their resorts and cruises are so high is that foreign tourists, which make up a surprising percentage, are willing to pay. The costs are hidden in package prices.

If you are serious, a good travel agent can ferret out some attractive reductions. AAA for one. Florida residents get a break. I'm sailing next month for $99.

The Disney ships are great for kids but there are certainly better values out there.

That said, they always sail full. Really, really full.
Old August 30th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Dayna

My family is booked for Feb 22, 2003. We are paying $3495.00 for the cruise only. We are booked in a cat.6. It is a bit pricey, but for Disney I think it is worth it. I want my kids to have the time of thier lives. I did a lot of rearch and found Disney to be the only ones to have a decent infant/ toddler program. We can't wait for February to come.
Old August 30th, 2002, 02:40 PM
Yeoman

You will like Category 6. They do have an excellent infant/toddler program. Get on their list first thing because the nursery can fill up. Just don't forget to pick them up at the end of the day. They say that is a constant problem. You will get a beeper so they can get in touch with you. Boat is built for kids, adults just tag along.