Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2002, 10:50 PM
Sooshie

Default 7 day land/sea...help

I am considering a Disney cruise in Oct. 2003 with my husband and daughters 7 & 3.
I really am uneducated on the Disney cruise. I've cruised 3 times with Carnival and RCI but never with the girls. The land and sea option only seems to be offered on some of the travel sites and the rates are pretty high (Disney, of course). Where can I get the best rates (sites)? Is it really worth the 3600 they are quoting? I'm sure I'll have a million other questions after these are answered.
Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: 7 day land/sea...help

You might want to see a AAA travel agent for the best Disney rates. Karen at 1-800-826-7447 takes good care of us.

Once you check into your hotel on the land part, you are registered for the whole shebang. They see that your luggage gets from the hotel to your stateroom. You're pre registered so you just step aboard when the bus arrives at the terminal. If you include air, the service starts when you check your luggage at home.

Sea only passengers think there isn't going to be much of a crowd from the numbers waiting in the terminal. Once aboard you learn that the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds from WDW have gone directly aboard.

Only drawback I saw was that the people from the park, especially the ones who have spent four days, are exhausted when they reach the ship. It's a shame the cruise can't be first.

Again, AAA is Disney's chosen agency. Book with them and you get free soft drinks during the cruise. In fact, booking with AAA and using AMEX will get you a lot of perks both in the park and on the ship.

More than you ever wanted to know.
Old December 8th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: 7 day land/sea...help

Hi Sooshie,
You may also want to post in the Bargain finder here at Cruisemates, some of the travel agents may have deals with the land/sea package for Disney. Its also very simple, they will e-mail you with what they have and its fast, good luck:

http://www.cruisemates.com/CF/bargfind/index.cfm

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 19th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Beginner

Default Re: 7 day land/sea...help

WE love the Disney cruise line and it is well worth the $$. We did the land/ sea in May 2001. catergory 6 (x2) and stayed at Poly resort. It was great to be right on the monorail too! Loved being onsite .
The ship is great for kids and parents alike. Never a dull moment and lots of family and individual ( both adult and kid) activities. Their clubs for the kids are outstanding as are the staff and that is an understatement.
Try Dreamsunlimitedtravel.com they specialize in disnay and can get you better deals than disney itself plus the do all your priority seating for meals and planning days during the land time.
Also check out www. mousesavers.com you'll find awesome deals here too
We are planning a 7 day magic in novemebr for my then to be 7 yr old disabled child. This is the only ship that allows her to stay in their kids program unaccompanied..... a break for us all!