Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2003, 10:07 PM
Dayna

Default Is Atlantis worth it?

We are doing the 7 day land and sea in May and were wondering if we should do the excursion to the Atlantis or should we try to book a room for the day to have complete use of the facilities? When you book the excursion, is the Dig included in the price. We are a multi generational group, some of us liking the beach and pools more than others but would still like to get a good deal for our money. Heard everthing at the Altlantis, especially the food is expensive? Please help. Thanks.

Dayna
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2003, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Is Atlantis worth it?

Atlantis is expensive. I was there last year and if you really just want to do the "digs" then go in the evening like after dinner. They don't have the security there so you can walk around and view the "digs" and aquarium. It is certainly a beautiful resort and worth taking a look.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old January 24th, 2003, 09:32 AM
Yeoman

Since every Bahamas cruise puts into Nassau, you might want to take the $4 cab over on a reconnaissance run for a future trip. You can get a preview of the aquarium and digs from the windows in a lobby dining room that won't be serving during the day. There is a great shopping bazaar where my wife says the prices are competitive with those in town. Merv does know how to decorate a hotel.
Old March 25th, 2003, 05:55 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Is Atlantis worth it?

Merv doesn't own the Atlantis, and I doubt if he is in the interior decorating business.

Happy Sailing!

Carol
Old April 11th, 2003, 05:42 PM
Passenger

I did the "Atlantis Beach Day" on my first Disney cruise. We had fun, but I don't know if it was worth it. We couldn't use the water slides or anything. All we could do was use their beach and walk around in their aquariums (which were really cool.) Food there was really expensive. A kids meal was around $7.00. I think that you should either try to book a room at Atlantis or else try another excursion. The second time I did the Disney Cruise, I did a snorkel/sail excursion and it was really great!