Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2003, 10:37 PM
Beginner

Default Wonder 8/16/2003 ?

Family of five with a 2 y.o. girl, 8 y.o. 12 y.o. boys. Looking to talk with other families
especially if they have Disney cruised before. Our first time with everybody.
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Wonder 8/16/2003 ?

I am sailing on Disney Wonder 5-25-03. Will be taking my son, daughter-in-law and one year old grandbaby. Will write a review when I return. This will be my 13th cruise, but first time on a cruise less than 7 days and first on Disney.
Old March 16th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to orli

hi,
my family took a cruise on the wonder in dec. it was awesome at the time i was 1 mo. off of 13. and 13 is the minimum age for the teen club but they let me in anyway. I can't tell you much about the other things except that the club room for the kids 12 and under is called the oceaneer club and it is THE COOLEST room i had ever seen. and one extra piece of advice my family wisely decided not to schedule shore excursions and at nassau we did 3 of them at once for $40.00 insted of the regular fee of about 130.00 per person. just go down to the pier and they will be waiting to offer you these.
sarah
Old April 4th, 2003, 06:23 PM
audrey belcher

Default Re: Re: Wonder 8/16/2003 ?

We are going on the wonder in July will be looking forward to your review
Old May 18th, 2003, 06:52 PM
shopaholic67

We just got off the Disney Wonder 5/4/03 to 5/8/03 and it was the best!!!

Had two families combined and the children's age was 6 yr old girl; 4 yr old girl and 14 yr old boy. We (including the adults) had a blast!! Already planning our next trip. Definitely family oriented and extremely CLEAN!! Which I appreciated and so did my sister in-law.

The girls had so much fun in the oceaneer club and the 14 yr old boy found friends immediately. The crew definitely caters to the kids and security and safety of the kids is very evident there.

Want more information, you can let e-mail me.

Shopaholic67
yvettekr@juno.com
Old June 7th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Re: Wonder 8/16/2003 ?

I sailed on the DIsney Wonder 2 weeks ago on the 4 day cruise. In my opinion the only thing Disney has going for it is the Disney characters and the split bathroom. Having been on 13 cruises I much prefer the Grand Princess, Explorer and QE2. I did enjoy seeing the faces of the little ones light up when they saw the characters. Many people told me the ship was so beautiful, but it looked like the Carnival Inspiration ship plus Disney charges outrageous prices. Expected to see beautiful columns and dolphins in the pool area, and more of a selection in the dining room. First ship I have been on that didn't offer caesar salad in the dining room or at Paulo's. It just goes to prove that parents will pay just about any amt. of money to keep their children happy.
Happy Sailing!
Carol
Old July 26th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Passenger

Just returned from 4-day Wonder cruise with two grandkids, age 5 & 8. My husband and I have cruised about 4 times before, always alone, and decided to do it with the kiddies this year. It was a great trip, perfect length of time and they were the perfect ages to enjoy EVERYTHING - including the characters and the kids' clubs. Wouldn't want to do it with kids much younger and probably not older than 15. The 5 year old (soon to be 6) was too worn out to enjoy anything after about 9 pm, so he missed the Nassau sailing away party and fireworks. The 8 year old was up for anything. They actually loved the Mickey pool the best.
We stayed on the ship in Nassau as we had both "been there, done that"...... It gave them more pool time (less crowded) and they got more kid's club time also.
Key Learnings --- don't try to do everything..... pick the highlights and make the most of them. Be prepared to WALK on Castaway Cay --- where comfortable shoes and don't carry much or you will be sorry! You will probably need fewer clothes than you think. The kids would put on an outfit, where it to breakfast, and then have their swimsuits on until after lunch..... preferred to eat by the pool. Lot's of junk food but you can ask for anything for the kids for dinner --- we immediately told our dining room staff (WHO WERE WONDERFUL!) to hold all fries!!!!! Every kids dinner comes with them. They substituted fruit or just left them off. I was shocked at how casually dressed everyone seemed to be at dinner --- we seemed to be following the guidelines but not many others did. Don't get hung up about it --- where what you want.
Have a great trip.
Old August 8th, 2003, 10:03 PM
kenny holt

ME and my family are sailing on the Disney Wonder on the 17th of Aug,I think we both are taking the same trip.But your dates are off.Mybe we will meet.I have a ten yr old and my mother is also going. Happy sailing
Old August 1st, 2004, 06:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

We will be sailing on Sept 12 2004. I take it you already went on the Disney Cruse. Did you enjoy it and any tipe for us?
Old August 2nd, 2004, 09:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Mickeymom923

We're sailing on the Wonder 8/19/04. We did it last year and it was awesome. After being on 8 cruises, we loved this one the most and are going back. I can't say enough about it. Went with two teens and a senior citizen.