Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2003, 03:29 PM
Yeoman

Default Wonder ship (port hole or window) in oceanview cabins

I booked an oceanview category nine cabin on the Wonder. My t/a told me there would be either 2 small windows or one large window in the cabin. I just read on the internet that their is only a porthole in the oceanview cabins. I could call Disney and get the real scoop, but was wondering what experience others have had with this category.

Happy Sailing!

Carol
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2003, 05:38 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Wonder ship (port hole or window) in oceanview cabins

The choice is either on large window or two small port holes. Depends on the deck. If you get a cabin with the port holes, you will be on the bottom deck looking out at the dumpsters in port.
Old May 5th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Julia Elzie

Default Re: Re: Wonder ship (port hole or window) in oceanview cabin

It all depends on where your stateroom is on the ship - if you are on Deck 1 have 2 portholes. On the other decks, it is a very large, round picture window. The large, round picture window is very, very nice and you can see lots out of the window. The portholes will allow you to see almost as much as the larger window. Both the porthole or the large window are just fine, but most people like to have the large window on one of the higher decks. You will probably see people walking along the pier, other ships in the same port of call, the ocean, etc. I wouldn't worry about the garbage dumps or piles; they usually don't use dumpsters on the piers because of all of the volume of trash on cruise ships.

Have a very magical cruise!
Julia Elzie
E-mail: juliae@cruisingco.com
Old May 15th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Mmketeer

Hi,

This is the cat. stateroom that I have stayed in the most on DCL. It's a HUGE circular window. It's so large that my then 7 year old niece was able to site in it and their was still space to see around her. I have also crusied on Carnival out of Port Canveral and their is a huge difference in the window sizes. The Carnival's window are the square windows that are split down the middle so it kind of looks like two together. That's probably the sqaure ones that your T/A was talking about. I swear someday I'll make a DCL websit, but haven't done it yet. Too see pictures of this type of cabin with the window, I reccomend www.CastawayClub.com. These people that own this site make my 6 DCL cruise seem like nothing.

Hope this helps and enjoy your stateroom you'll get a great view of at least one of the ports as you come in and dock in the early AM.

Mmketeer
Old May 18th, 2003, 06:38 PM
shopaholic67

We just got back from the land/sea and we were in category 9. We were in cabin 2032 and we had a pretty large round window in it. Much better than an inside stateroom!! I kind of peaked inside a inside stateroom and the window makes the room larger and let's sunshine it. As for the Ports of Call.....you will not be in your room to notice the "dumpsters" - I never saw them!!

Have fun - the best cruise ever!!
Old May 29th, 2003, 12:14 AM
Tigger42

Default Re: Re: Wonder ship (port hole or window) in oceanview cabin

We just made reservations for a family reunion (13 adults, 7 children, and 2 teen) in July 2004 and my brother and sister-in-law are in #2032! I am glad it is a great room!!
Old May 29th, 2003, 08:01 AM
Passenger

The "porthole" is gigantic. I've sailed in a porthole cabin once and it was great.