Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2003, 12:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Disney 2004

We are going on the carnival Destiny on October 19th, just mom and dad!!!
We would like to take our kids ( will be 8 and 6) on a cruise next year!!
We like the hot weather and love to cruise!!
Can anyone tell me what time of the year you would go?? and is there different Itinerarys??
I could just go to the TA but These boards are way better for information!!
Thanks in advance!!
captangel

CARNIVAL DESTINY
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Julia Elzie

Default Re: Disney 2004

Hello,

I am a travel consultant and I do lots and lots of Disney destinations, including Disney Cruise Line!

Disney is one of the best cruise lines! The cruise runs so smoothly and it seems like the Disney Cruise management has taken the time to really study the cruise experience and work out all of the weak spots in cruising.... The debarkation process is an absolute dream! Rotation dining is fantastic, the service is wonderful, lots of fun for kids and adults alike. It would be so great to figure out a way to cast away on their private island, Castaway Cay! It is very much like Disneyland or Disney World, but on a cruise ship!

Fall is an excellent time to cruise, especially with Disney. The rates are very good and demand is not at as much as a premium as in the summer, or spring break or other times when kids are out of school. Basically, any time that most of the kids are in school is a GREAT time to cruise! The fall months (after Labor Day through mid-December, except for Thanksgiving) are excellent; January to mid-February is also very good; May is good.

Disney uses a tiered-pricing system and they stick to it like glue! This means that the earlier you book, the better the prices will be for you. There is NO benefit to waiting for a last-minute booking because the space sells out on almost every cruise with Disney - because they have only 2 ships in their fleet.

Disney has 3 and 4 night cruises to the Bahamas each week, with a day at Castaway Cay on the Disney Wonder. They also have the Disney Magic sailing 7 night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries on alternating weeks. You can combine a few days at Disney World with any of these itineraries.

Have a magical day!
Old August 8th, 2003, 06:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

thank-you!! i may pop up now and again with more questions!!!
Cheers,
captangel

CARNIVAL DESTINY
Old January 10th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Julia,
I have already booked on the Wonder (May 20th) ... we opted to go the economy trip this time. If I wanted to try to upgrade to a veranda, would it already be too late? We loved the balcony on the Zuiderdam & I'm thinking I've made a mistake! Suggestions?

Caribbean Princess
HAL Zuiderdam -October 2003
Disney Wonder - May 2004
HAL Statendam - May 2005
Disney Wonder - Sept 2006
Carnival Fantasy - Dec 2006
Carribean Princess - Oct 2007