Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2003, 10:09 PM
LisaC

Default April 2004 Disney Cruise

Hi everyone. I'll be cruising with my family in April 2004. Kids-son 9and a half
daughter 6and a half. First time cruise for all of us. I'd like some words of encouragement. I guess mainly things like.....It's worth the money! Yes. It is an expensive trip. I hear that often...Your paying so much money. You could have had a cheaper vacation.... I'm feeling kind of let down even before we begin..... We have never had a family vacation (7years). So please, any stories from previous cruisers of the Wonder would be appreciated

Thanks!
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2003, 09:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to disneylynn
Default Re: April 2004 Disney Cruise

Lisa ,
If your family likes the disney parks and all the characters ,You will have the time of your life . The kids will not want to leave there clubs .The shows are the best.
Castaway cay is unbeliveable. We did other cruise lines after our disney cruise
and they did not compare, ( we are now spoiled by disney )
Old December 28th, 2003, 08:27 PM
AngelaN

Hi-
We are traveling on the Disney cruise in May 2004 with our 2 year old daughter. First time cruise for all and we are really excited. We've heard nothing but good things about the cruise and I am sure you and your family will have a blast. Who cares what anyone says! Enjoy!
Angela
Old December 28th, 2003, 11:22 PM
First Mate

I'm also cruising for the first time in April 2004. 4 day cruise with 3 days at disney world first. Going April 22-29th. Looking forward to both. Traveling with 5 adults, 1 teen and 1 4yr old. Have booked 3 cabins 2 inside and 1 with a veranda. Would like to talk to others about the trip, need lots of advice. Don't know about you but I spend alot of time on the web checking out different sites. Always looking for new sites to explore. Have a great trip.

Ann
Old January 4th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

My husband & I will be traveling with my daughter, her husband & two chlldren & her in-laws on May 20th on the Wonder. We are quite excited as we have never sailed on a Disney ship before. We went on the Zuiderdam in October 2003 & it was heaven. If this cruise is up to Disney's normal standards it should be wonderful. Any tips on making it incredible for the kids ( 7 & 5 ), or will I even see them?
Old January 5th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to SAndrea91483

If you don't mind paying the extra money, especially if it's your first vacation, then don't let people discourage you. Have fun!

Old January 6th, 2004, 11:39 AM
cruises"r"fun

Don't listen to anybody. You chose Disney for a reason like we did. ( we chose Disney mainly because of the children) Go with your instinct that you are doing the right thing. Why feel guilty about it? It's a Great vacation. Something you will always remember and hopefully your kids will too! (and I hope they appreciate it) I can't give you any info. on the "Wonder" because we cruised the 7 day eastern on the "Magic" but I'm sure you will have an awsome time like we did. There is so much to do that you can't possibly do it all. Each night you will get a Navigator with all the activities that are going on. I suggest each night you review the Navigator and highlight the things you and your children would like to do. My kids were content just hanging out at the pool all day. They weren't interested in the kid's clubs too much. I was kind of surprised by that but I guess all kids are different. My kids were 6 and 3 at the time.
Anyway's the bottom line is that I think you made the right choice by choosing Disney even though it may be a little more expensive than other cruise lines. It's worth it for the kids and a great time for you also.
Good Luck and Enjoy it.
Old February 1st, 2004, 09:46 PM
kathryn

We're traveling with our 4 yr old in April too as first time cruisers. From everything I've heard it sounds great! We're excited!
Old February 1st, 2004, 10:10 PM
maryr65

We were on the Wonder is November. Our first cruise. It was absolutely wonderful. JoJo and Rennato were our dining room servers and were great with our 7 y.o. daughter. Service was supreb. Food was great. Plenty of activities. Were were in an oceanview cat 9. The room was very good and amply sized.

Have a great time.
Old February 7th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Nburwell

My family and I have been to Disney world approx. 5-6 times since I was a kid, and I loved every trip down there. Last year my mom thought it would be a good change if all of us took a Disney cruise. Being that my brother and I are technically too "old" for something Disney (we're 21 and 19, respectively). I really enjoyed myself on the cruise, even though it's mainly geared towards families with younger children. It was relaxing and got my mind off the everyday stresses of work. So yes, I definitely thinks it's worth it without a doubt.

Carnival Legend
Old February 8th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Kurt Volkers

My Family and I will be on the 4 night cruise on April 25 till the 29th. Son is 12 and daughter is 9. This is the kids first cruise and our 2nd. We are from Michigan and look forward to getting away from all the snow! See ya !

Kurt and Family
Old March 2nd, 2004, 04:33 PM
dadsonteam

I have to agree with Disneylynn. I too have been spoiled by my Disney cruise. I had an outside/verandah cabin(cat.5) and I don't think I can go back to a cabin on any cruiseline that does not have a verandah. My 6yo son cried the day we had to get off the ship. Like all things Disney, it wasn't cheap, but still worth every penny. I plan to do it again and bring some nieces/nephews next time.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 09:38 PM
a. swanson

See my response to Carnival or Disney right above your post. We just got back and loved it!