Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default hidden charges

What kinds of unexpected charges should someone expect. For example on the private island what are the charges for the snorkling gear and the floating mats, ex. What is the extra charge for Plato, can the tips be charges to you room card like on other ships and what are they for a 3,4, and 7 day cruise? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: hidden charges

Tips can be charged to your Key to the World card at any time, go early and get the slips to avoid the last minute lines. They are listed on Disney's website - disneycruise.com - I believe 7 day are $25.25 (per person) for each the server and cabin steward, 18.00 for the asst. server and 6.00 for the Head Server. These are of course guidelines and depending on your service adjust accordingly, we had such great service we provided a little extra. They automatically add 15% to all drink orders. Floats and the like are from $6.00 to $15.00 or so for water trikes, etc, not sure for snorkeling. Those are also listed on the website under Fun OnShore Castaway Cay. Gift shop stores are a little pricey, but fun to look through and get the "only available on the Disney Cruise" items. Phone calls, don't do it unless necessary, my wife made two 10 minute phone calls and cost $180.00. Cells work in some ports. I believe Palo's is $10.00 per person, adults only. This is also listed on the website.

Another site to try is Disboards.com - cruise line board, there are lot of people who love Disney and have traveled extensively on the cruise. castawayclub.com is another source of info. They have a lot of the little unknowns that you would enjoy on the ship listed on that site.

Candy at the movies or from room service is extra. They call it snacks. Cookies and desserts are not extra, don't forget a little something for the room service delivery person as they will not be included in the servers tipping. Sodas cost extra everywhere except dinner I believe or if you have the soda package. Arcade if you have children. You may want to have their KTTW card punched so they do not have charging privelages. Photos taken of you are around $10 a piece. They offer packages to purchase larger quantities.

Sounds like a lot, but it isn't really and you have the decision to do what you want.

I hope this helps and if I think of anything else I will post again. Have fun!

Enchantment of the Seas
Disney Magic 01/10/04