Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2004, 05:55 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Sara754
Default Disney Cruise Question..

Hi, I'm new to this board. Usually I just stay on the Carnival and teen board but I'm very interested in Disney Cruise Line now. Im 15 years old and I have a 22 year old brother and I want to take a cruise with Disney with my brother and parents. I'm just hesitant about it because my parents will think its just for little kids and they families.. But after having friends go on the Magic and Wonder I really want to look into it. Also, I love meeting other teens on cruises and I know that if I go during the summer I will meet a ton! If anyone can give me some clues or just tell me about the Disney Cruise Line that would be great! Also, if you've traveled with teens or are a teen please write back.. I want to hear opinions!
Post back or email me at sara34xo@yahoo.com

Carnival Destiny 2004
Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas 2005
Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas 2006
Crown Princess 2007
Carnival Valor 2009

Carnival Freedom June 2011!
Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2004, 09:07 PM
pjrjr

Default Re: Disney Cruise Question..

You would definitey love the Magic. It is 7 days and you can choose Eastern or Western. There are lots of things for teens to do and enjoy themselves. It's not just for little kids.I did not travel with a teen, but saw lots of them having a great time. It is much more expensive than other cruise lines. Go to disboards.com and about 1/2 way down it says Disney Cruise line. They have a lot of information. Not sure what type of questions you have but ask away and we can hlp. Dis'ers are very helpful as well. Do a google search for castaway club and go to that website. They have a ton of information also.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 10:34 PM
Sooshie

Also try castawayclub.com There is a ton of info and pics there...including menus and daily activities. The other cruiselines are great too, so don't dis-count them until you look into them and compare what you really want. I'm not sure your brother would have as much fun as you would being that it's mostly families with children. Good luck on
your decision.
Old May 8th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Yeoman

Try the Disney board at disboards.com. I got a lot of our info. there when we planned our trip last December.
Old May 11th, 2004, 09:21 PM
3 things

Sarah...

1. I suggest you spend time at www.disboards.com (cruise line area)... It is a VERY active board and quite a few teens are there...

2. I'm not a teen, but on my last Disney cruise I realized on the last night that I hadn't seen any teens. We thought maybe that the cruise was for little kids only, but we were very wrong... On that last night when they closed down the teen hang out (it's the entire 2nd fake smokestack - used to be an ESPN bar), the teens were without a hang out - and it was the only time I saw the teens. They all looked like they were having a great time - but what do I know...

3. One of the adults at our dining group had a teen daughter (they were both from Spain not that it makes any difference) and she liked the experience so much the previous year that she begged her mom to go again. (We saw her for about 30 minutes the first night and after that she ate elsewhere...)

Good luck!
Old May 22nd, 2004, 07:40 PM
ginamarie

My husband and I took our honeymoon on DCL, and we loved it (we were both 24)... in fact, we're going back for the Western Caribbean cruise in November, and we're taking my 14 year old sister. The teens we saw on the ship were having a great time, and I really think it's a cruise for all ages (people thought we were NUTS for taking our honeymoon with Disney, but we loved it).
Old May 23rd, 2004, 10:53 AM
Yeoman

Sara, I sent you some emails directly. Hope you got them!
Old June 13th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to SurfnSun51

im 14 and im sailing on June 26 on the Magic..so im HOPIN ill find some people to hand out with my age..lol