Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2004, 09:48 PM
Sooshie

Default Just returned...any ?'s

Hi there!
We (my husband and two girls (8 & 4) just returned from the 7 day land and sea
Disney Vacation. We did 4 days at the parks and 3 on the ship. We had a great time
and Disney totally lived up to it's reputation. Let me know if you have any questions...I'd be happy to answer them...feel free to email me too.

Susan
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Just returned...any ?'s

Do you feel the 3 day cruise was too short?? Did you like the Bahamas?

Enchantment of the Seas
Disney Magic 01/10/04
Old May 24th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Yeoman

For ME, once you go on a 7 day, the shorter cruises just aren't long enough. We did the 3 day at the park 4 on the cruise. I'd much rather do a 7 day cruise. JMO
Old May 30th, 2004, 12:40 PM
TNR

I have a six year old daughter (who loves disney!!!). I want to take an extended cruise for 7 days. Would a 7 day cruise be a little too much for a child her age? Or would it be to take her on the 7 day Land & Sea vacation?
Old June 2nd, 2004, 09:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

TNR -

No it is not too long. We were on the Eastern Magic in January and my son was 6. He absolutely loved it and we are already planning our return to try the Western. There is so much to do or not to do. It is great. She will have a wonderful time in the clubs or with you the whole time. The Eastern has an extra at sea day so you may want to consider that when planning. Good luck.

checkout disboards.com for more info. Those boards are very active regarding Disney Cruise Line.

Post Edited (06-02-04 09:40)

Enchantment of the Seas
Disney Magic 01/10/04
Old June 5th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Sooshie

We chose the land and sea because our youngest (4 yrs) had never been to the parks. Our oldest (8 yrs) had been to the parks 4 times, but is a total Disney nut and couldn't wait to go back. We also weren't sure how they would like being on the ship so we opted for more time in the parks and less time on the ship. They loved the cruise and we would probably do a longer cruise with them now that we know they would like it. The cruise literally wore them out...they didn't have time to sit around at all. In fact, we never used the pools the entire time on the ship! We were constantly on the go. Of course, we chose to do that.

In the Bahamas we went to Blue Lagoon Island and the kids had a good time. The water was a bit chilly, but we still had fun. After returning we did the hair braiding thing like 90% of the people on the ship.

Do not miss the shows! The shows were really good and if you're a Disney fanatic (like us) you will love all of them! The kids went to the Oceaneers club a few times, but most of the time we were on our own.

Castaway Cay was gorgeous! It was such a nice day. Let me know if you have any other questions...you can email me if you like.

Susan
Old June 13th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to SurfnSun51

From what you could tell, did the teenagers seem to be having lots of fun on their own?

Old June 15th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Sooshie

Default Re: Re: Just returned...any ?'s

From what I saw of the teens they appeared to be having fun. I didn't see that many mostly because there were teen only areas where they tended to hang out.
Hope that helps.

Susan