Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Guaranteed room - Chances of an upgrade??

I wanted to go "cheap" on our 1st cruise...so I went with a "guaranteed cabin"...the Disney agent and our travel agent ASSURED me that my chances of getting upgraded are WONDERFUL since we booked so far ahead (7 months) but I wanted to know REALISTICALLY what my chances are of getting upgraded to a different room...

Thanks in advance...

Virginia
Sailing Disney Magic 1/4/05 (4 night Bahamas cruise)
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Guaranteed room - Chances of an upgrade??

It depends on your category and how full your ship will be. It could be quite popular to be on that sailing as it is the correction voyage, to put it back on track for 7 day Saturday departures after its 10 day Holiday Cruise. So people who can only do 3/4 day cruises and want to try the Magic may book it. If it books quickly you have to different scenarios.... those being (i)all the cabins get booked or higher category cabins are booked therefore not requiring to "bump" you up so no upgrade or (ii) the category you have chosen is selling very well and they will want to continue selling those categories and will upgrade you to have the room available. So it is hard to say and no one can seem to figure out the criteria to get an upgrade. I booked beginning of May for my Jan 10, 04 7 day cruise and did not get an upgrade. I was in a Cat. 6.

What category are you? I would also post this question on disboards.com. they have some very knowledgable Disney people over there that may help you. Good luck.

Enchantment of the Seas
Disney Magic 01/10/04
Old June 25th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Guaranteed room - Chances of an upgrade??

Enchantment of the Seas
Disney Magic 01/10/04