Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Marina

Default Disney vs. Royal Caribbean - a comparison

Hi all. We just sailed the Wonder for a 4th of July cruise, then last week we sailed Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas for their July 18th Western Caribean cruise. I just wanted to make comparisions (what our opinion was of both cruise experiences).

The food - Hands down Disney won! We found the food on Royal Caribbean TERRIBLE! This was the first cruise we took that we ate in the dining room for all meals because the buffet was nasty! Even in the dining room, we got a handful of good meals, not one meal that was great. Here is how we would rate the food on the cruises we sailed (our report card):

Celebrity A
Disney A-
Carnival B+
Royal Caribbean D-

A lot of people we met on the Explorer felt the same way we did about the food, very disapointing. Also, we met several families who expressed dissatisfaction with the Royal Caribbean's kids program. (After 1:00 in the afternoon, you have to pay, etc..) It was just the two of us sailing, so i'm speaking from comments made to me by families we met. When we sailed Carnival, the kids program looked ok, but the kids program on Celebrity & Disney seemed the most organized to me.

We would sail Disney again in a heratbeat! After the excellent food on the Wonder, we felt so let down by Royal Caribbean. I know people say that Disney charges a lot, but at least they feed you food that is consistent with the price you pay. Our Royal Caribbean cruise was by no means cheap & the food was TERIBLE! Carnival was a great value, we got a very cheap cabin for our cruise & the food was very good.

So I just wanted to share what we experienced. For those of you who would like to try a different cruise line, I would recommend Celebrity highly. Our next Disney will be the Magic somday (soon I hope)
Sponsored Links