Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Passenger

Default are suites worth the extra $$$?

Currently am planning a cruise (our first) for my family, including a 3 and 5 yr old, and am trying to decide between cabin with balcony and 1 bdrm suite. Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Rick Burger

Default Re: are suites worth the extra $$$?

We just finished our cruise. Loved it. Booking one for next year. I had a deluxe family cabin with balconey this time. We basically went to the cabin only to sleep. Me, wife, 5 yr old and 11 yr old. Next cruise I am saving money and getting lowest cost cabin.

Best vacation I have had in my life!
Old November 3rd, 2004, 03:21 PM
katluc

We had an inside cabin on both cruises we took. We were never in the room. Save the money. My kids slept better in the dark room
Old November 18th, 2004, 04:47 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to halltfana Send a message via Yahoo to halltfana

I initially booked a larger suite with veranda but at the suggestion of the Disney Travel agent down graded to a smaller suite with a veranda since it was for just the 2 of us, worked out fine. She sugessted the larger suites are more for families.
Old January 25th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: are suites worth the extra $$$?

unless money doesnt matter and you intend to spend a great deal of time in ur stateroom which u shouldnt, save the money for other things.
Old March 25th, 2005, 07:57 PM
R Van

Ditto about sleeping in the dark. Kids that is. I was able to arrange two cabins on the end of the deck, one & inside the other a oceanview. Yep they said an adult had to be in the cabin so we had to break the kids up (on paper). It was no big deal really they were so beat we dragged them to breakfast and off ship.
Old March 26th, 2005, 06:33 AM
stephen Brickel

We are as of this moment aboad Disney Wonder. We have a cabin with veranda. Its large and has bath 1/2. Their are very few suites on this shipand I can understand why they don't have more. You don't need it.
Our grandchild has ben going to camp which is well supervised and having a great time..
I've got to go we have just arrieved at Castaway Key.
Old April 9th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Beginner

We are going in 2007 in March in our first 1 bed suite. We spend alot of time in the cabin. Last time we had a Cat 4 with veranda and it was just fine for four. I wanted to try it to compare!!! www.cruisecrates.com
Old June 22nd, 2006, 05:46 PM
Beginner

We have been in a Cat 4 with two children and it was adequate but we felt cramped. Were trying a suite next spring. I think once I stay in the suite I'll never turn back!
Old June 23rd, 2006, 11:14 AM
Passenger

If you are going with kids, you will never be in your room only to sleep.

We went with 2 kids and we honestly we're never in our room ever barely to sleep. Mostly to shower and change clothes.

I wouldn't waste the money on a Disney ship.

Beth

Carnival Sensation

Disney Wonder: May 2004
Old June 27th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

My opinion on Disney ... don't waste your money! I was never in the cabin even though I traveled with my grandkids. There is so much to do, we used it only for changing clothes & sleeping. Now, on HAL, I've always had a balcony & loved it! We use it early morning & late nights, it was wonderful to be outside (in your PJ's) watching the waves & sun come up! Enjoy your cruise !!

Caribbean Princess
HAL Zuiderdam -October 2003
Disney Wonder - May 2004
HAL Statendam - May 2005
Disney Wonder - Sept 2006
Carnival Fantasy - Dec 2006
Carribean Princess - Oct 2007
Old August 29th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

For your kids age a single cabin is perfect. We have stayed in the balcony cabins twice with our kids and we didn't feel cramped. Disney's bathroom setups are great for mulitple people with having two sinks and having the showers and toliets in separate areas. The suite, while they are probably very nice isn't worth the difference in money (at least to us).
Old October 11th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Beginner

We went in June. We have a 6 YO boy and a 8 YO girl along with my wife and I. We booked on deck 7 in a room with a virandia. They upgraded up to deck 8 with a virandia. The only problem we found was no place to put our luggage. Any suggestions?

Anyway, we love the balcony. We went out there first thing in the AM to look where we were and late at night after the kids were in bed. I can't think of getting a cabin without the virandia. I liked having the "private" place to spend with my wife, alone.