Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Lil' Em

Default Staff

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering if you could tell me what you thought of the staff onboard Disney.

Em x
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Kathleen Templeton

Default Re: Staff

Lilm

Howdy,
We have done 5 DC"s and the staff has been fantastic all 5 times.
The wait staff was energetic, fun, prompt, entertained the kids with magic tricks and silly trivia etc... We have some special dietary needs and they bent over backwards to accommodate us in everyway possible. The housekeeper did a great job with our room.
I even saw him polishing the doorknobs inside snd out, twice a day. Due to a medical condition we had lots of empty cans in the garbage everyday. After the first day he can an exrtra 2 times a day just to check our garbage can for us without us asking him. In my daughters room they even folded up her newly washed clothes she threw on the couch because she didn't have time to do it at that time.
We only had to talk to guest services a couple of times but we found them to be very nice and helpful.
The kids counselors were great with the grandkids. The kids never wanted to come back with their parents.
So over all we give the entire staff A+
mom x4,grandma x4
Old May 13th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Lil' Em

Aw, thanks so much Kathleen.
I've applied to work on Disney Cruises, and find out really soon as to whether I've been successful or not, I just wanted to find out as much as humanly possible!
Thanks again!

Emma x

P.S. Maybe see you on there again sometime!
Old May 13th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Mmketeer

Can't be matched!

The best staff I have ever encountered on any ship I have sailed on!
Let me give you an example:
My family sailed on the Wonder for our annual Christmas cruise and our server was Vechi and he was awesome. He would make suggestions and we would choose something else, until we figured out he really knew what he was talking about. He was so patient too cause' he would let us order what we wanted and he would also bring out his suggestion. His stuff was always better and we quickly learned to trust him. From then on it was "Vechi what should I have tonight?" ! He also played games with our young niece, to this day she still talks about the cork trick. And, after at least three other Christmas cruises on different ships and lines we have yet to find one that has a server that is attenative to her as he was. But, wait it gets better...
Hubby and I got off the Christmas cruise and 45 days later got back on again and Vechi remembered us! This time he wasn't our server, but got our same dinner time so he would still come over to our table and bring us his suggestions. Cuase' he knew that's what we wanted. Our server's knew him, so they didn't feel outed especially when we explained why we knew him. Our tables mates at the table of eight withus were very impressed that we were getting such special attention. We practically had an extra server every night with Vechi! Now, I know it's not normal to get off the ship and pretty much get right back on and maybe that's why he was able to remember us, but it sure made us feel very special.

Second example....the very first Disney cruise I ever went on was on the inaugral sailing of the Magic (that should tell ya how long ago it was), and we had a assistant server that got promoted to head server during our cruise. Well, we quickly learned by the end of the cruise that these servers become like family and we bought her a bottle of wine to congratulate her and celebrated with her when they announced her promotion the last night of the four day cruise. My family and I took our picture with her and the head server in Parrot Cay and a few years ago we came back across the picture. So, this time when we sailed we asked for her showing the guest service agent her picture and told her our story and first magical memory behind the picture. Now, we figured since it had been so long that she would be long gone as they only have 6 months contracts, and their is always the possiablity that they won't renew and come back to do another. Well, not ony did this agent find her at Palo's she booked us a table in her area and waived the cover charge. We went to dinner and surprised her with the picture and story. She really seemed to be moved when we told her when and where we got the picture a few years back. And, that we remembered discussing her dog back in Austailia that had just lost it leg among other stuff. I think she was really amazed at how much of an impact she had on us as we had told her she was part of the reason we had falling in love with cruising. She told us how she had went from that one promotion since the last time we saw her to being honored by being "invited" to serve at Palo's where she had been ever since. We never ate at Palo's hence why we never ran into her again and we assumed too that she would still be on the Magic. Anyway, it turns out we lucked out big time by going to Palos when we did 'cause she was just finishing out her last of her 6 months contract with DCL . And, this time she wasn't planning on coming back. That was a pretty tearful good bye that night as we took our finally picture with her and wished her much luck in her new venture. That was about three years ago and I have since been checking out other cruise ships (mainly due to pricing), but I am sooooo happy to be going back to Disney this coming Feburary!
I am sure I'll meet more great server's, even though I may not remember them specifically every cruise I will always remember the great service they give.

Mmketeer....Next cruises: RCCL/ SOS 12-05 & DCL/Wonder 02-06

DCL: Magic & Wonder
RCCL : Mariner & Enchantment
CLL: Miracle & Fantasy
Old May 14th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Lil' Em

Sounds fabulous!!!!
I hope I can meet the standard of professionalism and friendliness that everyone else on board seems to portray, thats hoping I get the job!!!! Monday seems so far away!
Emma x