Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Pirate Night ???

I'm hearing about a "pirate night" on Disney cruises! I was on the Wonder last May & nothing was done there; at least I didn't see it! Can anyone tell me what this is about? I'm going again next September for a 4 day & my 4 year old grandson will be thrilled to be able to dress up as one (he has numerous costumes from Disney). In fact, I'm thinking the whole family might get into it! Help please!

Caribbean Princess
HAL Zuiderdam -October 2003
Disney Wonder - May 2004
HAL Statendam - May 2005
Disney Wonder - Sept 2006
Carnival Fantasy - Dec 2006
Carribean Princess - Oct 2007
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Kathleen Templeton

Default Re: Pirate Night ???

We were on the Wonder on May 12th and we did have the Pirate night party. It replaced the tropical party.
Not sure , but i think it was on the night we left Nassau. Anyway it starts with people dressing as pirates, not just the kids. You arrive at dinner dressed as pirates, and your wait staff is also dressed as pirate and the menu is even pirate themed. Before and after dinner in the Atrium there are characters in pirate costumes for pictures. Then around 9:00 P.M. we all gathered on deck 9 where the family pool is. I dont want to give away any surprizes, but basicaly they have live and recorded music, you learn pirate dances, characters do appear, they have kind of a pirate skit that happens, then a big fireworks show as a finale. Then near the kids pool there is a large buffet set up.
Also at dinner everyone is given a red pirate bandana to wear in case they didnt wear a costume or to go along with their costume. We have done 7 Disney cruises and this is the best deck party yet. Your grandson will love it! Mine will be almost 4 on our next cruise and I cant wait to take him to the party too.
Have a magical time.
mom x4,grandma x4
Old January 6th, 2006, 06:02 PM
First Mate

We were there in May and yes they had a pirate night also. When we were at DisneyWorld prior to cruise we bought some costumes, hat, eye patch at the park. If you don't buy anything they will give you bandanas to wear. The pool party was the best...Let your little guy stay up late that night. It is worth the fun.
Old January 10th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Beginner

Hello....

I'll add that we've done 3 DCL sailngs - and the pirate thing is more or less just as described above. And what I thought I'd add - is IF your kid(s) like the chocolate coin "treasure" then they give these out in virtually unlimited quantities IF you know where to look. ANd this last September they were scatterred about the buffett tables but concentrated in the treasure chests on the buffett table. And... on our last sailing I was one of a few dozen passengers who aslo choose to dress up pretty extensively. I had a full blown outfit nose to tail with cape, swords and chemical self glowing light stick accents to boot. Oh well... that's our 2 bits of advice w/o spoiling the experience for ya!