Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 21st, 2005, 02:50 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to momrek06
Default REVIEWS PLEASE FOR THE DISNEY LAND & SEA CRUISE

Hello All: DH & I are interested in booking a Disney Land & Sea cruise but would like some advice/opinions/comments from previous crusies of this SHIP. We will be ALONE (no kids)!!! Would love feedback!! momrek06
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Captain

Hi,
We are a couple in our 50's and the kids are all grown now. So we cruise DCL by ourselves many times and with kids and grandkids.
We have never done the land and sea package because we live by WDW.
But there is lots of things for adults to do on the ship, such as the adult only pool and hot tubs, spa treatments, Palo's restaurant for special dinners and brunch. There are 3 adult only nightclubs in the evenings. After 9 P.M. there is nobody under 18 allowed in these clubs. Live and recorded music, karoake, themed music nights are great, usually the 60, 70 and 80's on the 7 night cruises. They have adult comedy acts too which are hiarious. We love to do a lot of the family club things too. If you like wine there is wine and cheese tasting for the adults too.
If you go to www.dcltribute.com and scroll down to the word Navigator and read them it will give you a better idea of what there is to do for 3, 4 or 7 day cruises on board. Of course they change things really often and the musicals are fantastic. i do recommend it for couples as well as families. We love it,
Kathleen
Old December 27th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Beginner

Default I READ YOUR MIND

Thanks for the reply....YUP, I did it. DH & I are all booked. 01/29/06!! First time cruising so I opted for the Land & Sea....I will say as I read all these BOARDS..I am going to want to go for 7 day cruise NEXT!!! Anyway, we are pumped...countin' the days...momrek06
Old December 27th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Captain

GREAT!!!!!
I'm very happy to hear your going! It is so great. We got back last saturday from our 10th DCL cruise and they just keep getting better.
The pirate party is not to be missed! It is really a lot of fun. On the 7 day cruise about 1/2 the people dress up as pirates, that includes grown ups, not just kids. On the 3 and 4 day cruises a few do dress up, but not as many as the 7 day, so that is your choice. You will be given a pirate bandana to wear at dinner if you dont have a costume. On the shorter cruises we wore Pirate T-shirts, the bandana and eye patches so we were kind of dressed for the themed night, on the 7 day I have an entire outfit I wear. If you dont want to wear pirate they suggest tropical attire for that night. The biggest most helpful tip for you is, when you first get into your room at 1:30, take 5 minutes to read your Navigator paper. It is filled with information for the rest of the day that you will need to know. Each night a new Navigator will be delivered to your stateroom with the next days activities listed so you can plan ahead of time what you want to do. The longer your cruise, the more events they have to do.
At WDW use the fast pass system on the attractions that line up to save your time. The end of January will not be very crowded, compared to the rest of the year, so you picked a good time to go.
If you have any specific questions, please ask and I will try to answer for you. I try to check this board a couple of times a week.
Kathleen
Old December 30th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Beginner

HEY KATHLEEN: Thanks for all the notes. I bought one of those Disney travel books from Barnes and Noble and I am making notes in it so I can "act like I know EVERYTHING" and DH will be very surprised....even though it was all you great people helping all along the way. I am staying at AKL for 4 nights FIRST and am looking into a "meal plan" as I have heard they are great and very benefical financially!! I am reading all the POSTS on what to pack and what NOT to pack. O I just do not want this to be too overwhelming. I ALWAYS over-pack and my DH (despite the fact he does lug it all) has issues with how much I bring. Anyway, we are a couple of pumped first cruisers. Countin' the days. momrek06