Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Captain

Default 11/25/06 Magic Who's going with us????

Howdy everyone,
we are going on our #11 cruise with DCL. No kids or grandkids this time, just two middle aged people!
Who is going with us???
Meeting people from these boards has always been one of the highlights of our trips, so drop us a line if your coming along with us.
We are also going on the 12/2/06 Magic, that' correct, back to back 7 day cruises! YIPPEE!!!!!
Please drop a line and say howdy if your coming with us.
Kathleen
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Captain

I must have the ship all to myself??
Nobody is coming with me??
Everyone must of heard how mischievious I can be.

It's all true, but I hope youwill join me anyway,

Kathleen
Old November 10th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Captain

Got my docs today!!!!
Anyone coming with me or do I still have the ship to myself??

Kathleen
Old November 16th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Captain

Only 9 days left, do I have the ship all to myself this trip???
This is about your last chance to join in the fun people!!!

Kathleen
Old November 18th, 2006, 04:35 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to GordonE

This is my first time on a Disney cruise. What kind of adult fun do they have onboard? btw, how mischievious do you get? ;-)
Old November 18th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Captain

Hi Gorden,
I just sent you a PM, in fact I sent 2 PM's that should help you, and asnwer your questions.

How crazy, depends on the group you are with. This is Disney afterall, so even crazy is clean crazy.
Adult comedy is funny and a little suggestive at times, but not dirty.

Some of the skits in the clubs at night are great !!!

One show NOT to miss is Match Your mate, sometimes it's called Know your Mate too. This is a take off the old Newlywed game show and 3 couples get picked from the audience to participate. this is hilarious!!!

There are several lounges and bars around the ship if you like mixed drinks.
Check out my PM's for more info,

Kathleen
Old November 18th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Beginner

Thanks Kathleen! I'll have to check out the info you sent. Sounds like there is a lot of fun to be had. Chat with you later.
Old November 18th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Passenger

kathleen,

you all packed up and ready to go yet?? I am getting antsy myself for may. I found all kinds of people on the other message board going on the may 5th one. might find someone on that board going with you. was on the castawayclub.com the disboard

Disney Magic western side 5/05/2007
Regall Empress July 2003 <= Big Let Down
Disney Wonder July 2000
Old November 19th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Captain

Hi Tracy,
well I am about all set. I am very excited but i dont start packing until the day before we go. I have done this so many times that it only takes me about 30 minutes to get packed.
I have 2 door signs done and a 3rd 1/2 done. This week I will be charging up the camera and cam corder batteries.
On another board I have about 80 people that are coming along too and one man from this board PM'd me that he was coming too.
We do have a meet the frist day planned which should be a lot of fun to do.
I really love meeting all the people on these boards. They are always so nice and fun to visit with over the course of the week.

I will post a trip report within a few days of returning. I always write a daily journal before going to bed each day, and I turn that into a trip report.

I hope you will post one when you go too. I love reading about all the fun people have on a cruise.
I will be in touch,
kathy
Old November 19th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Templeton
Hi Tracy,
well I am about all set. I am very excited but i dont start packing until the day before we go. I have done this so many times that it only takes me about 30 minutes to get packed.
I have 2 door signs done and a 3rd 1/2 done. This week I will be charging up the camera and cam corder batteries.
On another board I have about 80 people that are coming along too and one man from this board PM'd me that he was coming too.
We do have a meet the frist day planned which should be a lot of fun to do.
I really love meeting all the people on these boards. They are always so nice and fun to visit with over the course of the week.

I will post a trip report within a few days of returning. I always write a daily journal before going to bed each day, and I turn that into a trip report.

I hope you will post one when you go too. I love reading about all the fun people have on a cruise.
I will be in touch,
kathy
awesome...yeah ithink we are planning a meet before the safety drill on our cruise as well. i do plan on keeping a journal on this trip as well. we have one for each one of the kids to do too, although the 3 yr olds is more of a picture / autograph type journal for her that we will have laminated once we get home. what is the door magnets for? can i see a picture of ones you made? they have been talking about this on the other board too and i just haven'y figured out why?

Disney Wonder July 2000
Old November 19th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Captain

Hi Tracy,
The door signs are just a fun way to identify your door. I dont drink but for those who tend to get a little tipsy they say it is easier to find their door with a sign on it as opposed to a number like everyone else.

I usually just buy magnetic sheets at walmart in the section with the computer speciality papers. I think there are 5 sheets for about $7.
You can use disney clip art off line and print on them or print off a picture you may have.
I am not very creative, or computer savy so I buy tropical and disney stickers in scrapbooking stores or Michaels craft store, some party supply stores may carry them too. But Michaels had the biggest choices.

The I might put the words like Magical memories or whenyou wish upon a star, across the top then stickers of mickey and goofy snorkeling with tropical fish, star fish and air bubbles all around them.
Once I did the disney characters in pirate attire with captain hook on one side with a treasure chest. Then I wrote soemthing aobut cruising wiht pirates this cruise, only I worded it in pirate talk. With Arrhhh and Grrrr and Ahoy ye maties, stuff like that.
Some people put their family picture and say Smith family's 1st Disney cruise or someones birthday.
There is no right or wrong to it, you just let your imagination run wild and have fun with it. When we return and I down load my pictures I will try to include pictures of my door signs for you to see.
Sometimes we just take some time to walk down different halllways just to see the different signs. Some are so creative It's great!!!
This is also an easy way for your fellow cruisers from the boards to find you if you let them know about your sign.
I have never taken a photo of mine, but I will this time so you can see them.
This is also a fun project for kids to do. The door can hold several signs, so a few kids can all do their own sign.

Kathy
Old November 19th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Passenger

Sounds interesting..maybe i'll let the kids do something like that. I am downloading the disney clipart to decorate my daughters autograph book but never thought about looking for the scrapbook stickers and such for it. hmm. and we plan on hitting up the michaels near us this coming weekend.

Disney Wonder July 2000
Old November 19th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Captain

Give it some thought. It can be really simple or quite complex, but our grandkids loved doing their own signs and they are so proud to see them on the door.

My grandaughter, when she was 15 had apicture of my husband asleep on deck 4 with his mouth wide open and drooling.
She put it on a door sign for their room and then under the picture she wrote:

He is my grandpa on deck 4,
Oh my how he can SNORE!!!If you see him on the ship,
Please tell him you saw this.
love Ana

My husband had no idea about this and people came up to him and said hey I saw your picture, or have you had your nap today?
Then Ana said Grandpa I want to show you my door sign so we went to her room and she showed him!!!
It was so funny and now it all made sense to him.
She better watch out on the next trip, he will get even!!

So you can really have a lot of fun with it.
Kathy
Old November 22nd, 2006, 07:31 AM
Captain

3 Days til we will be cruising on the Magic!!!!!

YIPPEE!!!!

Kathy
Old November 22nd, 2006, 11:14 AM
Beginner

I second that opinion!!
Old November 22nd, 2006, 01:03 PM
Captain

Gordon,
we are trying to reach a goal of 6000 posts on the other site,
if you get the time, drop by and post there again, we need a lot more to make it!! I think we need about 200 posts to make it and many people are leaving tonight and tomarrow, so there wont be many left to post!!!
Thanks, see ya soon,

Kathy
Old November 23rd, 2006, 08:04 AM
Captain

2 DAYS TO GO !!!!!!!!

See ya soon,
Kathy
Old November 23rd, 2006, 09:50 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Templeton
2 DAYS TO GO !!!!!!!!

See ya soon,
Kathy
I'm jealous...lol

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

kathy, don't eat too much turkey or you won't have room for all the disney cruise food.

Disney Wonder July 2000
Old November 23rd, 2006, 11:10 AM
Captain

Hi Tracy,
I got it covered.
I am only cooking 1/2 a fresh turkey breast with a few trimmings. we dont want leftovers to sit and spoil, so I only have 2 snacks for the day. chips and dip and cashews and I made homemade chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches for dessert.
Pie would spoil and with only 2 of us this year we just cant get away with eating a whole pie.

So we have lots of room to pig out on the ship!!
Hubby usually gains 4 or5 pounds, but so far I have never gained a pound on the ship. Of course I am on the run from 5 a.m. to late at night too. He will take a nap while I am off and doing stuff all over the ship.
I figure I can sleep at home when I get back. I want to savor every minute I can.

will post a report when I return,

kathy

Guess I will have to bake a good dinner and desserts at Christmas time.
Old December 4th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Captain

we're back!!! Had a good time and will post a trip report soon.

Gordon, did anyone in your group get the stomach flu that was going around??? The last day and right after getting home, several people in our group got it. Mu son go tit too. Luckily it only lasts 24 hours. but it was horrible for them while it lasted!!!

Hope nobody in your group got it.

hope you had a good trip,

kathy