Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2006, 10:06 AM
First Mate

Default Land/sea vs. sea for 2 1/2 or 3 year old

Question for those with little ones? Would you recommend just a cruise or the cruise/land pkg for a 2 1/2 or 3 year old? We are planning on taking my grandson with mom and dad on disney next year. We were wondering if the land/sea pkg would be to much for him at this age and maybe waiting to do Disney World when he gets a little older.
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Captain

Hi,
WDW is a huge place and it can be very tiring for any age. For you child to truly enjoy it I would say 4 to 5 years of age would be perfect. Even with renting a stroller it can be very overwhelming.
I have taken my grandkids there when they were young and they did have a great time, but it was so exhausting they get really grumpy by noon and most of the time little ones are not great at waiting in lines.
Even witht he fast pass system it is a given you will be waiting in lines. I live by WDW and go there all the time and i often feel badly for the toddlers who are fussy and mom and dad just keep going because you want to get the most for your money and time.
The cruise however is much more easy pace. You can com and go as you please and do as much or as little as you want. Plenty of time for a quiet nap in the room. Your wait staff will spoil your kids too, they are great with the toddlers.
Just my opinion, hope you have a Magical time, what ever you deicde to .
do.
Kathleen
Old January 19th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I agree with Kathleen. I took my kids to Disney for the first time when they were 6 & 8. The 6 y.o. still tired by early afternoon. I would go on just the cruise now and wait until later to do the land portion of the trip.
Old January 19th, 2006, 07:24 PM
First Mate

Thanks that is what we were thinking.