Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Beginner

Default Disney Magic Cruise 09/02/06

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to crusing and new to disney, I've never even been to disneyland or disneyworld and yet i'm 27 . I was wondering if anyone out there can give me a few tips about crusing on disney magic. I'm on the 7 day cruise eastern, with my Husband. Anything you can direct me to.. Ie packing.. what to take.. and also what to pack for informal and formal night?????

thank you for your information you can give me

Mousie4531
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Captain

Hi Mousie,
Your going to have a blast!!! When you get in your room there will be a paper called a Navigator and it will have the events of the day. READ IT!!! That way you wont miss anything. Each evening a new Navigator will be delivered for the next days events. You can then decide ahead of time what you want to do the next day. There are samples of these papers on www.dcltribute.com That is a very active Disney site with lot sof great information. one of the boards there is a cruise meets board . You can go there and scroll down the posts until you find your cruise, then post there and you will get aquainted with others on your cruise. We always do that, it is great fun and you will learn a lot about the cruise that way. These people usually meet on board once too.Going to that board is my biggest suggestion for you. 2nd would be if you havnt already done this, go to DCL's official web site and order the free DVD for the cruse. That has a ton of information on it too. You can also read about all the excursion there too, so you can start thinking about them too.
We are going on 9/23 so we are just missing you.
If you have any specific questions, please ask and I will try to answer them,, we have done 10 DCL cruises so far and have 2 more booked.

mom x4,grandma x4
Old February 9th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Captain

Hi again,
i forgot to tell you that one night will be pirate night. The suggest dress for that night is tropical or pirate attire. On the 7 day cruises lots of people do the pirate attire. Your wait staff dress like pirates and you will receive a gift of a pirate bandana at dinner and a pirate menu that looks like a scroll too. On the Wonder not many dress up, but on the MAGIC the people tend to go all out for this party. It starts with dinner, then later is adeck party (weather permitting), with music, characters, a buffet, fireworks and a showing of Pirates of the Caribbean movie on the jumbotron movie screen.
Yes there is aformal night. You see all types of dress for it. Some tuxes, some long gowns, some nice suits, some nice dress pant suits. Just about anything goes. Mostly nice suits for the men, I think I have only seen 3 or 4 tuxes in 10 cruises.
Most nights are casual attire which basically means to shorts, no tank tops and no bathing suits with covers. Just clean normal clothes. I have even seen many people in jeans at dinner. On the n9ght peopel dine in Lumiere's or Tritons they tend to wear nicer clothes because it is the formal themed restaurant on board and if you go to Palos it is nicer dress there.
Just as a precauton I would pack some tyope of sea sick medication, you never know, you could hit rough seas sometime and if you do they will sell out immediately on board. They sell a little bit of all medicines on board, but I would take my own meds just in case for everything because they do tend to sell out medicines quickly on board. If you should need some type of medicine you can 't find in the store, check in the infermary on deck one. They have some oer the counter drugs for sale too, they just dont tell you about it. Our daughter bought soemthing there, so that is how know about it.
mom x4,grandma x4
Old February 9th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Beginner

Default Thank You!!

Hey There,

Thank you for replying to me! Even as we speak i'm looking up that dvd you were telling me about. (speaking of which) it won't seem to open up on the disney page...hmmmm is there another spot where I can order it? Secondly.. So for the informal, basic sundress attire and and the formal night.. a snazzy dress lol. Can I wear a beautiful pantsuit?? Or does it really need to be a dress? Questions Questions . I'm sure as the months progress you will get very tired of my excitment and enchantment. Ever since I can remember Disney has been apart of my life.. from collecting VHS Movies of every disney movie ever made.. to the DVD's Now. Am I addicted??? YEP!!

Thank you for your advice, and the help with The seasickness meds.. I can't even sit in the backseat of a car without seeing the road I mean without getting a little nasaited.. yay me eh? So I will be taking stuff with me to help me get through it ..

Hugs Thank you Kathleen
Old February 9th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Captain

Hi mousie,
Yes a nice pantsuit is perfectly accetpable for formal night, i have seen as many nice pant suits as I have fancy dresses.
Casual nights sundress would be ok, you see lots of tropical attire too. Most people who wear dresses to dinner do atropical theme or something that would look nice for church, if that gives you some what of an idea. At the same time you will see some people in jeans or some ladies in regualr slacks with a nice blouse. Parrot Cay and Animators Palate are very informal, unless that is your assigned restaurant for formal night.
The only place I know for sure to get he free DVD is on the DCL site. If it doesnt come up by tomarrow I would call them and explain the problem, maybe they will just mail you one.
I'm glad you are so excited for the cruise. Talking with others who are really excited makes me more excited for our up coming cruises too.
Feel free to write me anytime with questions, i'll try to answer them.I am a Disney addict too. My house is full of all things disney. My car has a Disney license plate and a Disney steering wheel cover. I even have made silouttes of some of the characters to paint on the inside of my fence so I can look outside and see them too. One of my sons works at WDW in gueat relations too. So Disney hits close to home all the time here.
Take care,
mom x4,grandma x4
Kathy
Old February 26th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Beginner

Hi Kathleen,

Thinking disney.. I have those cutouts that sit ontop of your fence, so I know what your talking about. ( and I just went out and bought a rear seat cover with mikey on it for the backseat of my Cavalier).. hubby don't know about that yet hehe.

I have a couple of questions for you.. yet again . Question 1.) Do you remember the hours of the clubs on the magic? the bars I guess would be the proper name for them. What I mean is, how late are the usually open to.. what time do they open.. that sort of thing.

Question 2.) Are you onboard with me? if so, I'd love to meet you. You sound like a wonderful person to chat and hang out with.

Sept 02, to the 09th. 2006 the Magic.. to remind you hehe.

Thank you for letting me know what to wear for the trip.. here it's almost March and i'm not crusing until September... am I a worrywort? Yep hehe. I just wanted to be able to be well prepared for it.. so as the summer aproaches I can purchace the right clothing and such.. Oh reading in some other posts.. people say to bring magnets along the trip and over the door shoe holder ( I understand the reason for the shoe holder).. but a magnets??? .. have me puzzled. Anyway that's all I can think of for now.. Have a wonderful day or night.. whichever time you get to reading this post.

Take care

Mousie aka Jo
Old February 26th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Captain

Hi Jo,
Sorry we are just missing each others cruises. We are sailing 9/23/06 on the Magic, and again on 11/25/06 again on the Magic. That will be cruises 11 and 12 for us with DCL. I would like to meet you too.
I am so jealous about the seat covers!!! I saw some on line but they will not work for my car. I have a split bench seat in front and a full bench in the back The split means one regular seat and the other covers 2/3 of the seat. I wanted to buy disney seat covers do bad, but the just wont fit my car. GRUMBLE GRUMBLE!!!!! I cant get a different either because mine is less than a year old, so I am stuck!!!

The nightclubs will vary a few minutes sometimes. Basically the live music and dance themed dance parties start about 9p.m. until at least one and sometimes 2 a.m. They have a live band for part of the night and recorded music the rest of the night. Earlier they have an adult comedy show one night and an adult show that changes all the time. it can be a juggler, comedian, ventriliquist, magician etc.... They also have family shows with these people. The adult ones are hilarious. They are not dirty, after all it is Disney but they are suggestive in a funny way. They also have adult game shows in the clubs at night, there are 3 clubs. There is one that is a take off from the newlywed game. It's called know your mate. Don't miss it if you get the chance, it's great!!!
The Promenade Lounge also has live music. They usually play around 7:30 p.m. for about 30 minutes and then later around 10 or 10:30m they play again. Sometimes those entertainers will play out by the adult pool late at night too. Usually this is a duo. They change often. some have been excellant, others just so/so. But it is a quieter atmosphere, bar too, small dance floor. It is a family club, open to the hallway and very low key. Little kids like to dance with mom and dad in there. They also have board games for anyone to play stored there.
Hope that answers your questions for now. Feel free to ask away when ever you think of a few more.
mom x4,grandma x4
Kathy