Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2006, 09:57 AM
Beginner

Default Magic cruise 2/07

I am traveling with my 1 year old and a 4 year old and I'm worried they are going to get sea sick. I used the patch on my last cruise but didn't my vision was blurry for days afterwards so I don't want to try that again and I don't think I can use them on my children. Any suggestions on what I can give them?
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2006, 12:41 PM
Captain

With kids as young as yours I would ask their doctor what he recommends. I know there is kids dramamine but it will put them to sleep . But I would ask the doctor before even using that.
I do know that most kids do NOT get sea sick. it has something to do with their inner ear is not fully developed yet so they dont get affected like adults do. I know on board the ship the doctor suggested green skinned apples and keeping a full tummy helps kids if they get queasy without any drugs. I have also read of people taking ginger pills for sea sickness. Again I would ask the doctor first. But as young as they are I'll bet they wont even get sick at all!!!
Since the patch made you blurry eyed, have you tried the bracelets. I understand they work quite well and they work on pressure points instead of giving you drugs in your system.
I have never tried these remedies myself, I have never been bother so far. (keep fingers crossed) But I have known lots of people who have done all these remedies. I guess different things work for different people.
I wish you all the best, but honestly as young as your kids are if they get ill, they will be in the minority.
Kathleen
Old March 1st, 2006, 12:46 PM
Captain

Hi again,
one other thing, you may want to put a post on the dis boards too. There are so many families on there that maybe you will hear from other moms who have the same fear as you do and they will share what they did for their kids. It is a very active forum. The busiest I have ever seen and it's all disney cruisers there, so lots of kids.
www.disboards.com
or www.dcltribute.com
both of these will get you to the forums to help you get your question answered.
Kathleen
Old March 1st, 2006, 02:01 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the tips! I will check out those boards, and check with the kids dr. as well!
Old March 1st, 2006, 05:16 PM
Captain

Tracy,
I just noticed we are almost neighbors. Poinciana is just east of Kisssimmee but we are moving this month to Leesburg which is pretty close to you. Sometimes my husband goes to Apopka to work.
It's nice to know a fellow DCL cruiser is so close.
Good luck with your post.
Kathleen
Old March 1st, 2006, 05:28 PM
Beginner

Not sure of where Leeseburg is....not sure where much of anything is in FL yet! This is our first disney cruise and I am so excited even though its a year away...sad to hear the weather isn't that warm in Feb in the Carribean to swim from the other site you gave me. Do you drive to Port Canaveral and park when you cruise?
Old March 1st, 2006, 05:45 PM
Captain

Hi Tracy,
We always drive to the port and park in their lot. it is lighted and secure. It is so nice to just have it so close when you return home. No waiting for shuttles or taxi's, just walk right to the car and go for home. From where we are it's alittle over an hour to get there, depending on the traffic.
It will probably be about 90 minutes after we get moved.
We have had the water warm enough to swim in January before. I think it's just the luck of the draw for water temperature. But there is lots of other things to do if the water is too cool. Some water toys you hardly get wet if it's too cool. At CC the sail boats, water trikes, paddle boats are all fun if you think it's too cold to actually swim. There are 2 bike paths to ride bikes on too. They have bikes for all ages, even training wheels, and helmets for the little ones to wear. Grouper game room has lots of fun things too.
I have lived inFlorida 6 years and I still dont know where a lot of places are. But I do know we will be fairly close to you once we get moved.
For now if you know where Walt Disney World is, then we are very close to it. Our youngest son works at WDW in guest relations. He really likes it there.
If I can help answer any specific questions you might have, please ask. I will try to help. We have cruised DCL 10 times with ages ranging from 18 months to 51 years of age, so we have experienced most areas of the ship. I know your going to have an awesome time!!
Kathleen