Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Passenger

Default Disney cruise question

Are the Disney ships always very full or is there a "downtime" throughout the year? I am considering a mid to late September sail date.
Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Captain

Hi,
September is a great time to cruise. We are going this september 23rd. It is traditionally a slower month for cruising and lots of time the ship isnt full and the prices are lower as incentive to get people to cruise that month. November is pretty good too as long as you skip Thanksgiving time. Weather is great too. Only down side is that it is still hurricane season. We never worry about it but lots of people do. I know the ships can route around the storms with no problem. downside is you may have different ports or extra sea days. But I dont care what ports we see as long as we are on the ship having a blast!!
We just got back on sunday from the Wonder, it was awesome!! Next 2 trips are on the Magic then next April will be the Wonder again.
If you have any other questions that I can help with please feel free to ask and I will try to help. I have sailed DCL 11 times with ages 18 months to 51 years of age so I have experienced most areas of the ship. Hopefuly I will be able to answer your questions.

If you havnt already done this you should go to DCL's web site and order the FREE DVD to watch. It iwll answer some of your questions too.

Kathleen