Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2006, 10:06 AM
Beginner

Default excursion to atlantis

we are leaving on 7/20 disney wonder, my husband,myself and 12 year old daughter. would love to know if excursion was worth it or should we do our own thing at nassau. we have never been there so any input would be greatly appreciated thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2006, 11:31 AM
Captain

I am not much into aquariums but I loved the Atlantis tour. It was a neat place to see. Lots of floor to ceiling windows and a good guide.
This tour does move quickly, however after it is over you can go back at your own speed to enjoy the aquarium better. Part of this tour takes place outside with a few stairs to climb.
Keep your wrist bamd on and just show it when you want to re-enter the aquarium again. The hotel is awesome architecture is worth the trip too.

also 2 blocks behind the straw market in a large purple building is a neat pirate museum. It is $12 per person and takes about an hour to go through. It is self guided so you can take your time. I recomend this too, it is a good museum. This you just do on your own. Also the hirse and carriage ride by the port is fun. $10 per person and is about 20 minutes long. You can do this anytime. The traffic is noisy, but it is still a fun thing to do, because it is a new and different experience.

Have fun,
kathleen
Old June 22nd, 2006, 02:49 PM
Passenger

Hi

I have to admit, I had been to Nassau years ago on another cruise but when we went on the Disney Wonder, we didn't want to get off the ship so we went to the Straw Market and ran back!!!

The private island was worth not really doing much in Nassau for us maybe next Disney Cruise we'll get off the ship more.

Have a Magical Time,

Beth

Carnival Sensation

Disney Wonder: May 2004
Old June 22nd, 2006, 04:16 PM
First Mate

Hi! We just got back. Its VERY HOT this time of year. We did the Atlantis tour...some of it is outside where it is VERY HOT! Read my review for more details. I wish we had just stayed on the boat. By the end of the tour we were so ready to get back on the boat that we payed for a taxi and skipped the free transportation. (you have to walk a ways to get to the free transportation that is included in your tour).

If you want shopping, get off and do a little near the boat. Then get back on the boat and enjoy a nice cool frozen beverage at the pool!

HAVE FUN!
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)
Old June 25th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Passenger

The best thing you can do is to rent a room for one day at Atlantis or at Comfort Suites across the street. This way you'll get an access to all Atlantis facilities. It is well worth it if you have at least several hours to enjoy it.